The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heating issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zandefloss Posted - 27/10/2009 : 00:25:37
hey there - when I bought my beautiful cornsnake I was given a heatmat but no thermostat, so after reading the care information here I ordered a ministat, but could not afford a digital thermometer.

Instead I bought a little thermometer, especially made for reptiles etc etc. now I've put it in close to the bottom of spaghetti's viv. on the hot side, Since then I've been adjusting the stats temp. but the thermometer seems to always register 21 C, which is too cool, no matter how high I put the stat.

Should the thermometer be closer to the bottom/stuck on the bottom? It is round and about the size of a small water dish.

thanks in advance oh wonderful snake lovers!

zan x
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/10/2009 : 10:22:10
I have 4 of those thermometers and they are very good. the dial thermometers are useless, very inaccurate and also look ugly! definitely get a digital one, the stat dials arent accurate either and temps will often be nothing like what they should be!
HannahB Posted - 27/10/2009 : 08:40:31
i have those ones that bio has mentioned and they are really good
i also have a spare one for when its time to bath one of them
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 05:35:00
Where you are describing the thermometer to be it will just be reading the air temperature, this is of no use when you keep corn snakes as the ground temperature is the most important.

I think Bilbo is suggesting that you buy one of these thermometers, and i would agree as i have some myself and they are very good. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-THERMOMETER-FAST-POSTAGE_W0QQitemZ330364457071QQ

Until you can get a digital thermometer i would suggest that you set your stat to around the right temperature and put the thermometer you have directly next to the stat probe so you can get a better idea of temperature.
Bilbo Posted - 27/10/2009 : 00:55:39
hi i have been buying my digital thermometers from ebay and only paying £3.48 witch is a very good price and they work very well. i can get you the item number if you like. i have had 4 now from the same guy and will be looking at getting more. the other type that your talking about i have found not to be very good.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000