The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Getting out

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 19:26:53
HI,

I have new juvenile anerythristic corn snake, and when awake if just seems to want to get out......does this mean there is a problem inside which the snake is aware and is trying to flee......or is it just curious?

THanks in advance.

Urema.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 20:36:11
No bother, thanks for the input hopefully he is just being curious......

REgards,

Urema.
devilsmistress Posted - 24/10/2009 : 20:18:58
Snkaes will try and escape all the time. Missy was forever up round the lid trying to get out. Karma is the same. Your snake is just looking for ways to escape! Nothing to worry about, but I would rase the hot end temp a bit Like haweye has suggested!
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 20:18:00
quote:
Originally posted by urema

Nope only one side and the roof holes can been seen through.....

So the cold of this could be provoking this curious behaviour you think?

How many corn snakes do you have btw?

THanks,

Urema.

No idea what is causing her behaviour, I'm just responding to the data you are giving re her setup .
It could be totally normal like SB said ealier, and the Hawk here says it's probably just playfulness .

Two snakies.

n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 20:07:47
Nope only one side and the roof holes can been seen through.....

So the cold of this could be provoking this curious behaviour you think?

How many corn snakes do you have btw?

THanks,

Urema.
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 20:05:23

Well 78f is too cool for the warm end. You want it at about 84f.

One other question: are the sides of the viv exposed? Like, can you see in from all four sides? If so, it might be that he feels too exposed.

n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 19:56:10
The hot side is about 78 degrees f, he has 2 hides, one on the hot side and one on the cold.......he is in a plastic vivarium, with a heat mat to create the heat and thermostat that controls this with a therometer to observe the heat....the water bowl is on the cold side.

THe vivarium itself has airholes and all so I cant say if he get through them, though the snake breeders i bought of wouldnt solely sell this vivarium if it didnt work....well im assuming. Other than this there is no holes whatsoever.

Any ideas? Or am I doing something wrong?

Urema.
n/a Posted - 24/10/2009 : 19:53:12
Talking of snakes escaping , when my corn was still on pinkies she got out inbetween the doors twice!!!! there was nothing i could do about it, i was lucky because she hid in this bag i left near my tank both times :L:L
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/10/2009 : 19:48:09
My male is always rubbing his nose up and down the front of the viv, and if the door is open for a second he will be out like a rocket! some snakes are just naturally curious and will try anything to get out and go for a jolly.

however, it may be worth checking things like temps etc to make sure its not too hot in there and he is trying to get away- so-

temps?
set-up?
number of hides?
how is the temp being controlled?
how is the temp being monitored?
water bowl?

answers please! also, make sure your viv is secure, as if you have a little Houdini on your hands then you might just lose him! any hole, crack, gap that his head can fit through will be big enough for all of him to get through

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000