The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 very strange

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/10/2009 : 13:13:27
So we've had Lola for a couple of months now and she's shed once with us. Because of her having red eyes it's hard to tell when she's shedding but last time she gradually started looking a bit dull and then went very pale for a few days before going back to just a bit dull and then shedding that night.
For the past couple of weeks she did exactly this, refused 2 feeds went very very pale and was back to a more normal colour yesterday morning but still no shed! Is this what normally happens for an amel or could there be any other reason why her colours were off?
I'm starting to worry because the first shed happened very quickly after she went pale and because shes never refused a feed with us, let alone 2. i'd really appreciate an opinion on this xx
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/10/2009 : 22:17:45
When I was waiting for Rockys first shed, I didnt think I would be able to tell if his eyes had gone blue, but when they did there was no mistaking it, shed about 10 days later
a33272 Posted - 21/10/2009 : 22:14:34
if shes got red eyes you will see her eyes cloud over easily
eeji Posted - 21/10/2009 : 18:10:43
her colours will return to nearly normal for a few days after being blue then the shed will come off
n/a Posted - 21/10/2009 : 14:32:11

Are you absolutely certain she hasn't shed? I'm asking because one of our hatchlings shed recently and all I could find was the head piece and even that only because he was kind enough to leave it at the front of the faun. Also, I saw him during the night, he looked like he was wearing a strange Halloween costume made of tattered nylon bags. The next morning he looked totally normal, shiny and smooth, and there was no sign of shed bits! I really looked everywhere and finally had to conclude that since it was coming off in bits and pieces it got lost in the aspen, probably in very small balls of skin.

Could this have happended with your snake too?

SexyBear77 Posted - 21/10/2009 : 13:18:01
With amels it can be quite difficult to interpret the signs of shedding, but from the sound of it it is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Just make sure she has her water dish to bathe in if need be and all should be fine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000