The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Escape prevention?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/10/2009 : 18:46:46
So, my first snake ever hasn't even come home yet, but I'm already INCREDIBLY TERRIFIED that he'll escape. I'll be keeping him at my house for a while until I'm sure he can't escape, and he'll be quarantined away from all other pets just on the off-chance that he does, so if it does happen now the risk will be minimal (will close off all little holes in the room and stuff a towel under the door so he'll be contained and safe).

But does anyone have any tips to prevent escapes? Are there any particular terrariums you recommend for a two-month-old corn?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 20/10/2009 : 22:39:33
Just remember that any hole the snake can get his head through it can fit its whole body through...which doesnt seem that amazing with the little ones but when you have an adult whose girth is almost twice his head size it is quite amazing! xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/10/2009 : 15:20:56
A pile of boxes on top should do it! stop the little blighter pushing up the lid
Chimp276 Posted - 20/10/2009 : 10:19:06
As long as there are no big holes in ur faun the snake wont escape, so there i nothing to worry about!
solid Posted - 19/10/2009 : 23:13:12
raven was in an exo faun and she still got out even tho the lid was on, the new corns are in cheap 4.5 litre lunch boxes with snap lid, but i`ll get some proper clip-lid boxes futher down the line
eeji Posted - 19/10/2009 : 21:42:42
really useful boxes, and clip shut boxes from asda or the pound shop :D
n/a Posted - 19/10/2009 : 19:19:11
Good, that's what I have already (it may be a different brand, but it looks just like those, anyway). One less thing to buy.
HannahB Posted - 19/10/2009 : 18:57:50
hey and welcome

exo terra fauns are decent..my lot are in them and they have access flaps on the lid so you dont have to take all the lid off to sort them out.. and if you are really worried they are sturdy enough to put a book on top - i have on mine but partly because i get lazy at night lol

if you have time say hello in the intro topic board

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000