The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 A question about weight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/10/2009 : 20:49:08

Is 13g a good weight for a 14.5 week old?

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/10/2009 : 10:48:44
ah nice one never thought of that
n/a Posted - 15/10/2009 : 10:36:21
quote:
Originally posted by arkadarka

how do you measure a weigh your corns mine wont stay still for more than a second outside the viv

Ah. Here is what I do:

Weighing: Get the kitchen scales, put a box with a lid on it. Zero it. Now add snake in the box under lid. Note weight.

Measuring length: Get a long thin piece of string. Get snake. Hold end of string so it aligns with head-end of snake, while you hold snake loosely in same hand. Now run the string the length of the snake while he's sliding through your hand, note where snake ends. That length of string from head to tail is the length of your snake, now go measure it against a measuring tape at your leisure.

n/a Posted - 15/10/2009 : 09:59:45
how do you measure a weigh your corns mine wont stay still for more than a second outside the viv
Kellog Posted - 15/10/2009 : 03:02:03
Can understand after your 'Shen saga' that you need reassurance that what is happening now with Stella is right - you are just needing reassurance at the moment, which is not surprising. xxx
n/a Posted - 14/10/2009 : 23:22:12
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

Hawk Missy is only 3 weeks younger than Karma! Karma being the same age as Stella! So you can see the extreem in diffrent snakes! So If you worried she is under weight I would not be, Im sure she is fine.

Cool, DM, no, not worried -- Stella seems to be the perfect text-book snake . Earlier this evening she fed with ease, and you know how significant this is for the Hawk and for myself considering the Shen saga. Just started to wonder after we weighed her what was considered normal. I understand it now, but will still post more pictures of her as soon as possible.

devilsmistress Posted - 14/10/2009 : 23:11:09
Hawk Missy is only 3 weeks younger than Karma! Karma being the same age as Stella! So you can see the extreem in diffrent snakes! So If you worried she is under weight I would not be, Im sure she is fine.
kizzig Posted - 14/10/2009 : 22:11:26
We think it's normal for the females to be lighter than the males, so its probably around right for her size, but the others will be able to tell with the pictures once she's digested her nom noms.

Can't wait to see the pics!
n/a Posted - 14/10/2009 : 21:57:59

Ok, this will have to wait for a couple of days, then, because Stella (for whom I'm asking) was fed earlier this evening so I'm going to let her be until late Friday night. At that point I'll get the Hawk to try and capture her image, we'll measure her length too.

She looks great, I just want to get an idea.

P.S. Shen was weighed on 10 Oct, and registered at an impressive 8g, and I'm saying impressive because in the time since last weighed on 4 September he only took in two adult tails, so it's a wonder he held his weight. I believe he managed not to lose any thanks to GP's ReptoBoost (for which I'll say Thank You again and again, it is my opinion she saved his life with this additive), and now that he's eating I'm hoping to see some weight gain soon.

lucifer Posted - 14/10/2009 : 21:23:36
Picture is a good bet, will be able to see based on his/her length and size.
devilsmistress Posted - 14/10/2009 : 21:17:56
age has nothng to do with weight. each snake is diffrent. Look at missy she is only 4 months old and weighs 41g!! But then she is very long as you saw and very strong! lol.
You may have to measure the snake and get some pics for someont be able to tell you if a snake is over or under weight!
kizzig Posted - 14/10/2009 : 20:58:51
Kizzy and Ziggy are about the same age... We weighed last night and Kizzy was 14g and Ziggy was 20g. Not really sure what weight they should be, but hopefully this will help as a guide!

Is this for Shen? If so, then we would expect him to be a little heavier. However, as he's only started to eat recently, it's understandable that he would be a little on the light side. His weight will soon increase now he's realised how to eat - you'll be shocked at how quickly he gains it!

We've started weighing every second feed, and both had gained around 3g since last weighed... (We hope this isn't too much too quick though!)

Hopefully one of the more experienced guys will be along soon to shed some more light on the subject!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000