The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 flu and snakes?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 11/10/2009 : 16:49:08
Ok when I had my candy cane years ago I had flu and someone who I know who also had a sanke said that if you have a cold or flu you should not handle your snakes and try and stay away from them as it can give them RI.
Well Im all fluy today and was just wondering if this was true? I was going to spot check the viv's today and i know the new girl has managed to poo right on the bottom so will have to get her out to get rid of the poo, but if its going to put them at risk shurley a few more days wont hurt will it?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 13/10/2009 : 01:42:29
No, still only one viv. Want to but viv not big enough with branch thats in. He has always only had one hide although I know he should have 2. Hide is in warm end and he seems to thermoregulate well. xxx
Chimp276 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 20:39:10
Aha a sneezing snake would b a funny thing to see though lo! Kellog have you got a second hide in your viv yet, jw as i can remember a thread from ages ago lo!!
devilsmistress Posted - 12/10/2009 : 20:09:11
thanks for the replys guys! Good to know im not gonna make them ill! I was ever sure if it was fact or fiction since I heard it, but never thought about looking into it till now!. Well good to know Missy is not going to miss her "cuddles".
eeji Posted - 12/10/2009 : 19:19:12
your snake is safe from human flu
lucifer Posted - 12/10/2009 : 11:42:43
Never heard of human to snake infection... unless your ready to invent Snake Flu .
Kellog Posted - 11/10/2009 : 23:15:35
Sorry to hear you are feeling lousy Paula. When I was in hospital with Jos for 6 nights m OH supposedly spotchecked the viv every day. When I came home I find 2 poos (admittedly one was in the hide) but no idea how long they'd been there - were just hard and bit difficult to scrape up.
As to passing on your flu to a snake, no idea. GP???? xxx
n/a Posted - 11/10/2009 : 17:22:29

No idea, but sorry to hear you're ill! Get well soon!

devilsmistress Posted - 11/10/2009 : 16:53:28
Partner wont go near the Karma as she is still skittish he is to frightend she will get out and it will be his fault! Everyone else is staying away! We were ment to go for dinner over Steve's mum's but cancelled, so she brought to plates of roast to us!! dropped it off and went saying she did not want to catch my lurg!!
HannahB Posted - 11/10/2009 : 16:50:52
im sure we have all missed a bit of poop before when spotchecking.. i know i definately have.. is there any one else who can get it out for you? i dont think it will hurt them to have it in there a day or two extra..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000