The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 My Little Aura... ***UPDATE***

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HannahB Posted - 10/10/2009 : 14:21:26
has gone on holiday to the rep shop

she was hatched on the 19th August and shed on the 27th and hasn't eaten at all I tried everything people suggested, bra..ining, scenting, splitting the sides..you name it I tried it.. anyway I took her to the shop on Weds and they gave me some tips..The girl who works there showed me how to try and give her food with a syringe and showed me everything..I felt confident enough to do it and so I took her home as I didn't want to leave her but I think it was the wrong choice..I fed her in the way they showed me but she was very stubborn and and wouldnt keep her head still and although she got some food down her I think she got a bit of air aswell...yesterday i checked on her and she was all gassy along her body and her skin took a while to go back down when slightly pinched.. when I held her up with her tail hanging down towards her tail were gass bubbles where along with food she had ingested air

I feel so guilty, I know its not my fault shes not eating but I should have noticed that she wasn't drinking as much as I thought and that she had lost weight..I know I tried everything suggested so the shop is now her only hope.. I actually started crying when I took her there and the bloke said that it wasnt looking good..I feel so responsible for not noticing the gas bubbles sooner..I got selfish and instead of leaving her there where she would have been better off I wanted her at my house so I could keep an eye on her - even though Shaun at the shop would have checked on her just as much as I did..

I have my fingers crossed she feeds soon.. I hate not having her here..I know shes not technically mine as shes Lukes but she definately is my favourite..I want her back already!

Im going to the shop on Weds or Tues to see how shes doing - they are going to offer her a feed on monday so please cross your fingers for her..
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 13/11/2009 : 19:55:30
its confused me too kellog but hopefully with a bit of continued assistance feeding she will get back to how she was before
Kellog Posted - 13/11/2009 : 02:38:16
I know it seems a backward step HannahB, but you know she had moved onto bits of pinkie before and she will again. Am not sure why she is like this as I dont understand why a snake that has now got the taste of pinkies and worked out how to eat wouldnt.....but I am sure she will improve. You just have to be patient and the fact that she has put on weight and is active is a really good sign.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:28:55
hopefully *fingers crossed*

sorry the updates a bit late!

its frustrating slightly though as before she shed they managed to get her to take a few pinkie quarters but hopefully she will be back on little pinkie snippets soon
shes looking good though, shes gained weight which is good - she looks ooh ever so slightly chunkier lol and shes really alert and active when they get her out for me which is promising
hillzi Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:15:57
Been following this thread, she'll click one day.
Hopefully it wont be too long
lee2308 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:13:03
she will come round,good luck any way
HannahB Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:10:17
just a quick update on Aura,
well she shed while we were away but has become fussy again and now will only take mouse tails which for a snake that from hatching in mid august to a few weeks ago had never eaten is still better than nothing, they are going to try and get her back onto pinkie pieces and see where we go from there
HannahB Posted - 23/10/2009 : 16:26:18
yay thanks hawkeye luke knows il set the brats from college on him if he tries to steal her

my brother would jump and scream like a reet girl! haha
could be entertaining..hmmm

thanks chinchillazilla
n/a Posted - 23/10/2009 : 13:26:05
I didn't join here until she was doing better, but I'm still happy to hear it and hope she continues to improve.
n/a Posted - 23/10/2009 : 11:49:45

No need for Jerry Springer. I hereby declare Aura is Hannah's and if Luke has any objections send him over here, I'll set the kids on him.

devilsmistress Posted - 23/10/2009 : 11:36:25
Glad to hear she is doing well! Its brilliant news. What would your brother do if she turned up in his room though??!!
HannahB Posted - 23/10/2009 : 11:06:08
ooh she doesnt like it but as my room is on its own floor she doesnt mind too much...that and if they escape they would go down the stairs and probably into my brothers room haha
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/10/2009 : 10:04:19
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

shes coming back to my house - lukes parents would not be happy if another came back to his lol just got to re jiggle the royals about and she can go with them
my mum likes her colours so think she would be upset if she didnt come back to mine lol

I'm so jealous that your mum lets you keep so many snakes! I'm 21 and I'm not allowed to get any more.
HannahB Posted - 23/10/2009 : 09:35:04
haha bring it on!!
lucifer Posted - 23/10/2009 : 08:42:57
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by abbiegreenleaf

I'm sure you and Luke are feeling more confident now and hopefully it won't be long before you have her back (and then you can start arguing over who's going to keep her!!)

Of course, I had forgotten that officially Aura is Luke's....is there going to be a custody battle??

xxx

Already got a slot on Jerry Springer booked
HannahB Posted - 23/10/2009 : 06:15:08
shes coming back to my house - lukes parents would not be happy if another came back to his lol just got to re jiggle the royals about and she can go with them
my mum likes her colours so think she would be upset if she didnt come back to mine lol
Kellog Posted - 23/10/2009 : 03:02:34
quote:
Originally posted by abbiegreenleaf

I'm sure you and Luke are feeling more confident now and hopefully it won't be long before you have her back (and then you can start arguing over who's going to keep her!!)

Of course, I had forgotten that officially Aura is Luke's....is there going to be a custody battle??

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 22/10/2009 : 13:48:13
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

thanks
shes probably my favourite with her colours (dont tell mont! )

I should think he can already sense the disgust you harbour for him Hannah!
n/a Posted - 22/10/2009 : 12:45:04
That is brilliant news Hannah! I'm sure you and Luke are feeling more confident now and hopefully it won't be long before you have her back (and then you can start arguing over who's going to keep her!!)
n/a Posted - 22/10/2009 : 11:24:46

Hannah, is there any chance they could teach you the technique so that you could take her home and do it yourself? If they're doing with Aura what I'm doing here with Shen then it's really easy and I figure if someone so new to snakes as I am can do it then a more experienced snake owner would definitely be able to do it. Shen too spat pinkies out even after they were in his mouth, but I found out that at least twice this was because a bit of the pinkie's skin got caught over the lower jaw.

Looking forward to your next update, I really want to "see" this snake eating like a human being proper snake and coming home!

(Where is the fingers crossed icon?!)

HannahB Posted - 22/10/2009 : 06:51:58
thanks
shes probably my favourite with her colours (dont tell mont! )

think they were going to give her some more either today or tomorrow - not entirely sure..hopefully she will be able to take half a pinkie in the next few weeks or so and then she can come home..dont mind choppin up a pinkie for her lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000