The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 day time actiity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 13:40:53
hello people of corn will winston ever move about in the day? he just sleeps all day in the same spot, hes 4 months old i have had him for 3 months i know corns are dawn and dusk movers in the wild just wondered if in captivity this would be any different cheers for any info
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 22:23:50
My Romeo comes out at both day and night
Sammysnake Posted - 12/10/2009 : 21:47:42
quote:
crepuscular (twilight)

Cool word, looks like I named my Twilight very well. Maybe the next one should be called Crepuscular.
n/a Posted - 12/10/2009 : 18:38:09
welldone gingerpony i knew that but could not think of the word crepuscular (twilight) very good
gingerpony Posted - 11/10/2009 : 21:20:54
oh! but technically corns are crepuscular meaning they're most active at dusk and dawn...
gingerpony Posted - 11/10/2009 : 21:20:17
as a sweeping generalisation, my boys are more sociable and are often seen during the day, whereas the girls i rarely see even their noses poking out of their hides!!

what i'm trying to say is that some snakes are naturally more nosey, or confident than others
n/a Posted - 11/10/2009 : 18:36:38
Mine are both night time explorers, generally becoming active at about 8pm onwards.

Although saying that, one of them is out now being nosey.
Chimp276 Posted - 11/10/2009 : 12:57:45
My snake is active in both the night and day. but my mums just doesnt move during the day! It just depends on the snake really!!
Kellog Posted - 11/10/2009 : 04:02:00
Kellog is hardly ever out at night...and I know cos I am up at all hours! But he is now appearing during the day again....even if he is spending it buried in the substrate. You would never have thought a snake that big could totally disappear under the substrate, but he can! I even panic that he has escaped when I know he hasnt!! xxx
kizzig Posted - 10/10/2009 : 16:06:37
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Btw, if we here are people of corn, does it make the teens here Chidren of the Corn?
Freaky, Lol!

Kev - Sometimes our two will come out during the day, but mainly dusk onwards. Kizzy sometimes gets up in the morning after her water has been changed.
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 13:48:00
quote:
Originally posted by kev
hello people of corn

Btw, if we here are people of corn, does it make the teens here Chidren of the Corn?

n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 13:46:37

Depends on the snake. I get a lot of pleasure out of sitting in front of Shen's viv at night with the lights out, watching him move about. Mostly he's a very active explorere although recently he's taken to staying out of sight.

Some snakes always hide, some snakes are always on the move, and some snakes will do both, with great talent to choose their "out of sight" periods just when you really want to see them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000