The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Too small of tank

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 09:07:12
I just bought my first corn snake last sunday, and I am already getting attached, and today i returned to the pet store to get its first meal in its new viv. Well i noticed at the pet store a full grown boa that was living in a way too small viv. The snake was forced to curl up so tightly that it would actually cause the snakes skin to fold up in some spots. This bothered me and I felt that it was wrong, but i was wondering if that was causing the boa any pain.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tizzy Posted - 11/10/2009 : 08:57:00
If you think that there are issues with the store the yes you should report them but you really need to be sure of what you saw first, and be ready for the back lash.

Could the snake have just been put in there while it's normal viv was being cleaned out?
Because it's not feeding/injured/ill?
Just been bought in by someone who thought it was cute when it was a foot long and now can't cope and had not yet been set up properly?

There could be a million and one explainations so be sure before you go reporting them.
Kellog Posted - 11/10/2009 : 04:12:59
Sounds like it needs reporting.....hate the thought of pet shops keeping animals in that sort of condition - assuming you are right and the viv is too small. You could go in and take a photo subtly, to get evidence. Post on here and 'Those that know' could tell you. xxx
LittleMick Posted - 10/10/2009 : 12:44:12
Correction length + depth = snake length
LittleMick Posted - 10/10/2009 : 12:35:15
I thin kit applies to all snakes in that they have only one functional lung, and that lung is larger then the other one, apparently snakes do need to stretch out or it could start to suffer from respiratory problems, thats why they recommend a viv size of height + width = length of snake.
But I'm not an expert and haven't even got my snake yet so I don't know how accurate the information is.
matty18714 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 11:56:42
Its unlikly to be in pain, just housed incorrectly.
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 09:16:28
I do realise this is a site for corn snakes and not boas, but this was bothering me and I really wanted to know the answer.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000