The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Diesel the hatchling still not eatin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/10/2009 : 19:26:57
Hi Guys My hatchling diesel is now 5 weeks old and still hasnt eatin i tried force feeding half a pinkie brain last night but he just spat it out advice is much sought after cause i really dont wont to loose him.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 28/10/2009 : 18:07:19
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

yeh i was so rlieved casper had a mouse 2nite shes doin well after her ordeal

Excellent!

KITTYCAT Posted - 28/10/2009 : 18:05:22
yeh i was so rlieved casper had a mouse 2nite shes doin well after her ordeal
HannahB Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:18:11
well done for Diesel feeding
and glad casper turned up!
Kellog Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:12:06
So glad Diesel has eaten normally, that is a great step forward. Am also so pleased to hear you found Casper (sorry, seemed to have missed the fact he was missing!). Shows how strong corns really are that he has lasted this long under those cirumstances. Am sure you will give him the tender loving care he needs to regain his strength. xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:41:26
Very well done for getting Diesel to eat, and glad you found Casper too!
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:41:17
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

Good news guys diesel had half a pinkie on another good note id had lost casper for nearly 2wks i found her this morning i had checked my box file n couldnt see her so i locked the lid i was up searching again opened the file n theyre she was all be it a bit cold but shes tucked up nice n warm now

Thanks for the good news. I have to admit I was shocked to read Casper spent nearly two weeks locked up somewhere with no access to water but I'm very pleased that he's fine now and well done to Diesel for taking that half pinkie.

KITTYCAT Posted - 27/10/2009 : 11:23:09
Good news guys diesel had half a pinkie on another good note id had lost casper for nearly 2wks i found her this morning i had checked my box file n couldnt see her so i locked the lid i was up searching again opened the file n theyre she was all be it a bit cold but shes tucked up nice n warm now
kizzig Posted - 10/10/2009 : 22:26:57
Glad he finally ate for you!
KITTYCAT Posted - 10/10/2009 : 21:49:01
hey got him to eat not that many will agree with my method but he was as good as gold. i mashed up the head of a pinkie n gentle priced hid mouth open in stuck it in and he swallowed it he has now had about half a pinkie this way hopefully he will eat on his own soon its been causing me many sleepless nights
kizzig Posted - 10/10/2009 : 16:29:04
Good luck with the feeding! Hope Diesel eats for you soon!
HannahB Posted - 10/10/2009 : 13:10:37
some one told me to put a bit of marmite on a pinkie - someone the breeder i got aura from knows someone who swears by marmite lol

got my fingers crossed that he eats soon
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/10/2009 : 05:05:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Dont try and feed pink smoothie with a syringe - it needs to be done by someone experienced. xxx

Depends on personal classification of a pinky smoothie.

My opinion of a pinky smoothie is:

• Remove water bowl for 2-3 days

• Squash a pinky up inside a sandwich bag or similar.

• put approx half of squashed pinky into a milk carton lid.

• Add water to lid and stir gently

• add water until lid is nearly full

• Place back into Faun.

• Remove after 12 hours MAX

• Start again if need be

A pinky press is what I would say is force feeding, which is different to a smoothie.
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 04:46:48
I tried many things to get Rizzie to eat, she was even threatened with the pinkie press and the only thing that works for her is scenting with chick, she takes that every time but for some reason wont when i use chicken or chicken stock. They are funny little critters sometimes.
Kellog Posted - 10/10/2009 : 03:38:39
Dont try and feed pink smoothie with a syringe - it needs to be done by someone experienced. xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 22:49:29
good luck for you and little Diesel! x
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/10/2009 : 22:46:07
Cheers for the replies guys i will try the pinkie smoothie see how it goes, keep you posted
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 22:28:18
well done for trying so hard, but def try the other techniques too. you never know!
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/10/2009 : 21:04:16
Have tried warming the brain bareinmind it has already been cut, also tried wrapping it in chicken fat for a few hours, also have left in over night on numerous occassions
Kellog Posted - 09/10/2009 : 20:37:22
Sorry to hear that Diesel still isnt eating Kittycat. Dont know what to suggest, but hope something will work soon. xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 20:29:45
have you tried-
1. dipping the pinkie in chicken stock
2. dipping the pinkie in tuna juice
3. super heating the head
4. splitting the side of the pinkie
5. braining
6. wiggling with tongs
7. scenting with other prey items- hamster, chicken, rabbit (anything you can get your hands on)
8. leaving the pinkie in for 24 hours without looking
9. transferring diesel to a small container to eat
10. making a pinkie smoothie- mushing up a pinkie and adding it to the drinking water for a night
11. assist, not force, feeding

I know some of these may sound a bit... duh, but I dont know what you have and havent tried. bear in mind force feeding can be very stressful for the snake and can exacerbate feeding problems.

good luck with Diesel, and try not to panic too much. x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000