The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 She FED!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/10/2009 : 20:37:25
Guys, I'm so excited!

We brought Stella home only a few hours ago. The breeder kindly let us take her in the box she was using, so Stella still had her old environment. The last feed was 1st October, so I thought what the heck, I'll try offering a pinkie prior to moving her into her viv.

It took a few moments, but suddenly SHE STRUCK! She first made sure most of her was under the tissue paper and once I let go of the pinkie she dragged it right under, but hey -- she took the mouse!

This also had the benefit of finally proving to myself that it had not been my technique that had put Shen off and that I can actually get a pinkie accepted!

Whoa! Stella is already helping me recover from the Shen saga (still not quite over), and oh there is one other thing -- when we were putting her in her viv we noticed her colours match the colour of the lid, lol! Unintentional, but the Hawk commented that both snakes somehow ended up in vivs that are "their" colours. Fashion House Snake, here we come!

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 11/10/2009 : 04:10:09
Dont think Kellog has done that yet..... xxx
kizzig Posted - 10/10/2009 : 15:48:22
Nowhere near as bad as being poo'd on though! Don't know how bad corns are for musking, but I think the hoggies do it quite regularly! HuffnPuff will be able to tel you more!
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 15:07:15
quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

It stinks when they musk! I was musked by HuffnPuff's hognose Huff, just to let me know that she wanted to go back in...

Oh dear... something to look forward to.
kizzig Posted - 10/10/2009 : 14:50:34
It stinks when they musk! I was musked by HuffnPuff's hognose Huff, just to let me know that she wanted to go back in...
Kellog Posted - 09/10/2009 : 21:02:38
OK.....whats it like when they musk??? xxx
kizzig Posted - 09/10/2009 : 13:29:07
Lol, my brother managed to pee on the hospital ceiling shortly after he was born!
Jono2411 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 13:15:35
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

quote:
Originally posted by Jono2411

Poirot used to give me a savage musking anytime i dared to pick him up, litres of the stuff came out of such a small snake and hen he would flick his tail so that it would go all over my face :S luckily he doesnt do that anymore!

Charming!

Reminded me of a time one of my male humans, at one week old and probably feeling a bit chilled without his nappy, p'd a perfect arc right into someone's coffee.

HAHA thats classic!
n/a Posted - 09/10/2009 : 11:59:03
quote:

Poirot used to give me a savage musking anytime i dared to pick him up, litres of the stuff came out of such a small snake and hen he would flick his tail so that it would go all over my face :S luckily he doesnt do that anymore!

Charming!

Reminded me of a time one of my male humans, at one week old and probably feeling a bit chilled without his nappy, p'd a perfect arc right into someone's coffee.

Jono2411 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 10:46:39
n/a Posted - 09/10/2009 : 10:28:35
quote:

I always wait to handle my snakes until after they have pooped in the cage... result? I've never been pooped on (been musked on a hundred times but thats different) :P

Yes. Having spoken to The Experienced on the chat last night, I now realize Shen actually musked rather than pooped.

Jono2411 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 09:01:58
I always wait to handle my snakes until after they have pooped in the cage... result? I've never been pooped on (been musked on a hundred times but thats different) :P
kizzig Posted - 08/10/2009 : 18:44:41
It's lovely isn't it! Ziggy has done that once when we were handling him! Smelly smelly boy!

We always have kitchen roll handy now!
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 18:39:25

Hahaha! Don't worry about the stars, the system does this sometimes in the middle of totally innocent words that contain dubious combinations.

On the subject of snake poo: Shen honoured me this way the other day when I was trying to feed him, and I didn't even notice until the Hawk said, "What's that on your hand?"
kizzig Posted - 08/10/2009 : 18:29:23
Lol, we've got a few stars above, as the Harry Potter phrase contains a sweary!

Sorry!
kizzig Posted - 08/10/2009 : 18:27:35
Good Luck! We can't wait to hear how you get on with Shen!

We were going to feed ours tonight, but not sure if Kizzy has poo'd yet. (Haven't seen it and can't really smell anything... She likes to save it and do one big poo, where Ziggy does a little bit every day for a few days... Just to make more mess of course! )

If she hasn't, they can wait til tomorrow!
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 17:48:41
quote:
Have you though about slicing a pink lengthways (messy I know) for when he starts on something larger than the tails?

Thanks for reminding me! Yes, I think that if he doesn't take the pinkie as is next feed, I'll slice that pinkie lengthways. I have no back off from the mess, I'm just not sure I have a knife that can do it. We'll see.
kizzig Posted - 08/10/2009 : 17:09:55
Hehehe, unfortunately we don't know any p****l-tongue! I'm sure Shen will be fine once he's used to having food in his belly from the tails! Have you though about slicing a pink lengthways (messy I know) for when he starts on something larger than the tails?
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 09:32:38
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog
Sounds daft, but I do pray for Shen and you. xxx

Doesn't sound daft at all and is much appreciated. Thanks!

quote:
bet you needed the confidence boost!

Absolutely! I was seriously starting to doubt myself. It's a pity our first ever snake turned out to be a non-eater, but on the other hand, I'm acquiring a lot of experience and good knowledge out of this. My only remaining concern now is for Shen's well-being. If I knew he was feeling content I'd feel much better about the whole thing. Anyone here speaks Snake? Harry Potter, where are you??

kizzig Posted - 08/10/2009 : 08:18:38
Glad Stella fed ok for you, bet you needed the confidence boost! Shen might figure out what he's missing out on now he'll see Stella eating!
HannahB Posted - 08/10/2009 : 07:40:27
aw congrats on the new arrival
gotta admit ive been so not-with-it recently that although i had probably read that you were getting another it didnt sink in!!
glad shes feeding ok for you and hopefully shen will do soon
look forwards to the piccies

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000