The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 19:01:23
We have had Rossi two weeks, in that time she had had a shed,I was wondering how much she should grow with every shed, his sounds like a strange question but Rossi seems to have tripled in size, when we got her she was the thickness of an average female little finger, she can out yesterday and she is as thick as a thumb....i can imagine everyone comparing fingers and thumbs now while reading this. It made me make a double take i thought for a minute we had a different snake. also she has all but shed about 1/2 inch of her tail, will this come off in time, Also she comes out constantly now, during the day and night...does this mean that she has settled, when would you all suggest we try to handle her...thanks guys and gals.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/10/2009 : 18:49:23
i had the tail problem with winston i put him in a smaller tub with some soaking wet kitchen roll left him for 10 mins and the shed came off straigh away hope this helps, but wait for him to digest his dinner first
Kellog Posted - 08/10/2009 : 10:45:35
Wait at least 48 hrs after she has eaten before you handle her and stress her with a bath.....you dont want to cause a regurge. xxx
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 06:41:26
Thanks for the advice, she as due a feed yesterday, so my son fed her ( she is his), she gobbled the mouse down, then had a wander round her viv, then went in, as soon as she shows her head again i will pop her in a bath. Thanks for the size advice
Remmy Posted - 07/10/2009 : 14:05:45
All snakes will grow at different rates and will depend on the amount of food they get, Tynan has grown about 13inches in 5 sheds so they do grow pretty quick. As for the tail, no it wont come of in time you need to get it of as Rossi could lose the end of his tail if left. You can put a damp hide in her viv or try giving her a bath. Make the water just deep enough for Rossi to be able to swim and make the temp the same as the warm end of her viv. Make sure you check the temp with a thermometer as the water may feel cool to you but it will be hot for snakey. Leave her for about 10 minutes then get her out and let her crawl through a damp towel this should get rid of the skin.
If you have had her for two weeks it should be ok to handle her now, if she is out all the time she is probably settled or hungry.
n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 19:05:41
Sorry about the puncuation, trying to type while sorting kids out and taking a phone cal.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000