The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding Corns - Growth Rate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 04/10/2009 : 15:48:51
I've been doing some serious maths over here :) And this is the result;
These figures do NOT apply to all corn snakes, it is an average taken from how long it usually takes a corn snake to grow. It depends on feeding, heating and calcium intake ect.

30 months - fully grown

Per month should grow on average length of; 2.5cm
Per month should widen in diameter by; 1-2mm

(Depends a lot on feeding, but I try to stick to this and increase/decrease my feeding requirements by a fraction if the snake seems a little too small, or a little too big.)

It really doesn't matter how long it takes your snake to grow, as long as you don't have an anorexic/obese snake on your hands.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 04/10/2009 : 15:49:51
Feeding and Weight
These figures are the average breeding weights, and so the optimum weight to be achieved. Remember all corns ARE different and this is an average taken from the figures provided.

Female corn adult breeding weight: Minimum 300-400g
Male Corn adult breeding weight: Minimum 400-500g

Per month;

Female corn snakes should gain on average of: 10-13g (If on average the snake takes 30 months to reach adult size.)

Male corn snakes should gain on average of: 13-17g (If on average the snake takes 30 months to reach adult size.)

Corn snakes should be feed meals about twice as large as their head, i.e. hatchlings eat small pinkies where as 6 month olds eat fuzzies.
The food should weigh below or near-enough 1/4 - 1/3 of the snakes body weight.

HOW MUCH A CORN SNAKE GROWS DEPENDS ON HOW OFTEN IT IS FED IT'S ENVIRONMENT AND IT'S HEALTH IN GENERAL.
Do not depend upon these figures, they are merely guidelines and each corn is different and takes a differing period of time to reach adulthood. Thankyou for reading.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000