The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heating a woodern viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bilbo Posted - 01/10/2009 : 21:30:36
at the moment i have my heat mat under bilbos viv i have its on a stat but its still only hitting about 75 to 76 is it 100% safe to keep the heat mat in the viv under the aspen??
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Remmy Posted - 02/10/2009 : 17:02:02
The probe from the stat and thermometer should be on the mat roughly in the center
Bilbo Posted - 02/10/2009 : 10:58:53
should the probe be very close to the mat? or in the centre of the viv?? and i like the lyno bit i mite try that.
Remmy Posted - 02/10/2009 : 09:11:12
As Flarpack says, it is ok to put it inside the viv. I have a very thin layer of aspen over the the mat which sully normally moves in her warm hide so she is directly on the mat. I have got some lyno that i am going to put in to cover the viv floor when i clean it out to make it easier to clean
lee2308 Posted - 01/10/2009 : 23:40:42
i dont put any aspen over the mat just a off cut of lyno
Flatpack63 Posted - 01/10/2009 : 21:43:15
Yes it is safe to put the heatmat inside a wooden viv. ( You will need to make a SMALL hole to get the cable out of the bottom, if you dont want it coming out of the top.)
And put a thinner layer of aspen over it than you have in the rest of the viv. (I know you dont need to be told to make sure you put the stat probe/sensor in the viv as well.)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000