The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 inactive

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 01/10/2009 : 12:11:51
Well last night at about 3 am we were woken by a weird noise, jumping up and throwing the light on, it was just something outside! Well I did notice Missy was all curled up in her hide.
Steve said when he has been coming to bed he has not seen her out either, or when he gets up to go to the loo (which he does alot in the night!)
Again temps are fine, nothing in the viv has changed, she is feeding fine, and now when I handle her she is really calm, which I thought was just the fact she has tamed down, now im worrying if its something else? Anyone got any ideas, or am I stressing over nothing?Thanks guys!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 05/10/2009 : 10:34:05
Thanks Kellog ^-^ And yours is loverly (spelling mistake intended xD) x
Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 09:57:39
Love Dimika's new sig Lilpunk. Everyone is getting new sigs except me *big sigh*...... xxx
Lilpunk Posted - 05/10/2009 : 08:41:03
Dimika spends his lil' life in hiding :) It's natural for corn snakes, and he pokes his head out sometimes. I know he's drinking and eating; and he's getting better at handling, and hates to be put back in the viv. I wouldn't worry, it's perfectly natural.
Kellog Posted - 04/10/2009 : 10:51:37
Like the new name Paula - devilsmistress! But think I will probably keep calling you Paula!! xxx
devilsmistress Posted - 03/10/2009 : 13:35:11
Ah ok, just htought it was weird as she is normally really active at night, but we have not heard her or seen her out for about 2 weeks now!! But like you all say its normal, so im not worrying anymore, thanks!!
lee2308 Posted - 03/10/2009 : 11:09:36
its just that time of year now with autum starting they will spend more time tucked away
Kellog Posted - 03/10/2009 : 01:58:10
Please dont get a life and start going out Brookestar!! We need you and your 2000+ posts!!! xxx
n/a Posted - 02/10/2009 : 19:35:22
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

its not starnge for snakes to hide away for a few days at a time

Brookestar -- you're at 2000 posts, a fully grown corn! How do you want your large/adult mouse served?
Brookestar Posted - 02/10/2009 : 19:14:26
its not starnge for snakes to hide away for a few days at a time
kizzig Posted - 02/10/2009 : 17:39:34
Ours spend a few days in hiding, and a few days out and about, nosying round their fauns. It's hard not to worry when you don't see them though! Our main worry when they are in hiding is that they've managed to get out somehow...

Hope Missy and Kellog venture out soon! Hopefully when the weather settles they'll all settle back down again!
Kellog Posted - 02/10/2009 : 02:35:38
Paula, Kellog has been in hiding for the past 2 months. Spends all his time in his hide, poking his head out occasionally to see whats going on. He is still eating and drinking so I am not too worried. Today I started handling him again after having a hands off period in case he was stressed. He was in his hide and I have taken the hide out and then him out and handled him, he has been very calm during handling and when I have returned him to his viv he has had a snoop round the viv and then returned to hiding. Repeated it again this afternoon. Tomorrow I am going to take his hide out, handle him a bit and then put him back in the viv and feed him....cos up to now he has been striking from hide and then dragging mouse in. Once he has eaten I will return his hide. I am hoping this will slowly encourage him to spend more time out of hide, but I am not too worried if he stays in hiding. He is eating, drinking and handling well...so I know I mustnt be neurotic and paranoid (although that is harder said than done!). Am sure Missy is ok too, maybe it is just the change of temp with the change of season that is making a lot of snakes go into hiding cos I know its not just Missy and Kellog acting like this.
xxx
HannahB Posted - 01/10/2009 : 17:04:51
mont is the same.. he'll be out and about for a few days and then he will hide away for a while just to get me worried!
BlueTongueDan Posted - 01/10/2009 : 13:09:08
I think your just stressing over nothing
Mine will stay hidden away for days at a time, even when he's not due to shed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000