The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 trying to get away

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/09/2009 : 20:07:30
hello people of corn when i handle winston he just seems to want to get away as fast as possibal i have had him 2 months now and he is 3 months old, he eats well and sheds well but when it comes to handling he just seems to wiggle really fast, like a bid for freedom or something i am scared i am gonna drop him, and hurt or lose him i handle him every day for 5-10 mins except feeds when i leave him for 2 days, is this normal? and how long will it take to tame him?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/10/2009 : 03:44:57
Kellog has always been like that and I dont think it is cos he doesnt like me, he just likes to explore and be on the move - at least that is my explanation for his actions! Lol! xxx
HannahB Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:56:19
just keep with the 5-10mins every day except feeding days and eventually he will get used to being handled

maybe try putting a small piece of your clothing in his viv/faun so that he can get used to your smell - it can sometimes help them settle down faster when being handled
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 17:06:33
thanks for replies
meggi Posted - 30/09/2009 : 17:02:05
toby use to be like that , just handle them frequently and they will get used to it.
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 10:53:53
he might not like you? lol nah man, mine is exactly the same, funny little things
inkiepixie Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:02:37
We got Bella at the end of April and it wasn't until about two weeks ago that she finally realised we're not big monsters that want to eat her. Just be patient and he'll settle eventually.
eeji Posted - 29/09/2009 : 21:44:31
thats what corns do ;)
Remmy Posted - 29/09/2009 : 21:14:52
He is still young and still isnt used to being handled yet. Give it time and he will settle down.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000