The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Wont go in the hide?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 29/09/2009 : 17:15:19
Most snake love there hides, but not Missy. For some reason she will use the cool end hide but not the warm end? I have tried loo rolls plant pots ect, but she wont go in it, insted she curles up behind it. I tried putting the hide right in the corner and all she done was wedged herself between the glass and plant pot!
Any Ideas as to why she does this or is it just cos she it thick!
Temps in the warm end are 27, and I did start to wonder if it was getting to warm in the hide for her, so put the probe inside and themomitor, it got to 28, so not sure its the temp thats the problem?
Is it just her or is thi the begining of a problem?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucifer Posted - 01/10/2009 : 09:50:41
Lucien favours the cooler end's cave over the warmer ends coconut hide. I packed out the coco with shredded loo roll though and he seems to use it a bit more now.
Kellog Posted - 01/10/2009 : 09:46:53
I cant get Kellog out of his hide! xxx
n/a Posted - 29/09/2009 : 23:08:40
Mine usually stays in the cool end too unless he has had a feed and he stays under the hide in the warm end for a day or so.
Bilbo Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:56:03
bilbo will go in the warm end hide after a feed most of the time he is in the cool end hide but i do see him in the warm end hide from time to time. he is on top of the warm end hide at the moment. lizzie is always in the warm end hide.
inkiepixie Posted - 29/09/2009 : 22:04:42
Luna seems to prefer hiding under her hides rather than in them. Neither she nor Bella are the brightest bulbs in the box. In fact I suspect that the species on the whole is not the cleverest of reptiles...
devilsmistress Posted - 29/09/2009 : 21:05:18
The hide at the mo is a flower pot turned upside down, before it was a toilet tube, before that it was a home made hide, does not matter what I put in she dont like it! But after hearing she is not the only one, im not going to worry!
matty18714 Posted - 29/09/2009 : 20:51:16
There are loads of reasons why a snake might not like a hide. Take a photo of it
Flatpack63 Posted - 29/09/2009 : 20:40:05
Menthol uses both her hides. It just depends on her mood.
Rizla however, does not use the hide in the warm end much at all, and the hide in the cool end, he uses when he feels like it. He used to use it all the time but recently he has started squeezing between it and the viv wall and pushing the hide away so that he can lay where it was. He's happy enough and it doesn't seem to affect him so I just let him get on with it.
devilsmistress Posted - 29/09/2009 : 20:34:40
Thanks guys, looks like I just got the dumb one!! saying that she has tamed down perfectly! I normally hndle her while standing near her viv, Bit tommrrow im going to put a few things on the floor in the living room and let her lose for a while! There will be 2 of us and the floor area is huge, just thought it would make a change from my hands all the time!
HannahB Posted - 29/09/2009 : 18:55:25
think you just got a daft snake but having said that Aura will hide everywhere in the warm end except the hide..she'd rather get between the side of the faun and the kitchen towel than use the hide..
meggi Posted - 29/09/2009 : 18:21:36
i wouldnt say its a problem , tobasco dont go in the warm end much and 4/10 when he does go there he don`t hide . So probs othing megxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000