The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snakey FAIL!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/09/2009 : 15:15:36
Was feeding Porphyria last night and while she's now quite adept at striking (when she feels like it), she's still not figured out this whole constriction thing yet. Instead of coiling herself around the pinky, she coiled herself around herself and did a very impressive Cumberland sausage impression

She does make me laugh at times!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
inkiepixie Posted - 02/10/2009 : 08:56:59
Bella usually constricts but has been known to try and constrict her own head before now. Luna strikes a bit, but hasn't constricted yet.
n/a Posted - 02/10/2009 : 02:52:04
oo our sneaky constrited tonight got a few pics will post tomorow he always strikes and clings on as if it will be the last meal he ever has bless him am soooo proud
lucifer Posted - 02/10/2009 : 00:27:32
Lucien is a daft snake and hasn't figured out how to constrict, Zero is a natural born killer and constricts every time.
HannahB Posted - 01/10/2009 : 19:14:30
mont constrics now and edison and libs both constricted last week - but i didnt have my camera which was a reet pain lol and then this week when i fed them armed with camera they didnt want to play ball..

not all snakes will constrict or even strike.. mont used to go up to the pinkie while it was still in the tongs and open up wide and have half of it down before i could let go!!
Kellog Posted - 01/10/2009 : 09:55:17
Kellog strikes and sort of constricts - it is more a case of lazily throwing a few coils around the mouse just to hold it in place. Think it really is a case of different snakes have their own way. You may be able to encourage it by doing a 'pinkie dance' so it looks like pinkie is real. xxx
Remmy Posted - 29/09/2009 : 21:12:39
quote:
Originally posted by kev

hello my snake is 3 months old and never seen him constrict yet, is this normal?

Its quite normal, Sully is a year old and never constricted. I have tried to get her to constrict but she wont and Tynan has only done it once.
Flatpack63 Posted - 29/09/2009 : 20:28:14
quote:
Originally posted by kev

hello my snake is 3 months old and never seen him constrict yet, is this normal?

My Rizla is now nearly three and I have only seen him strike and constrict once. So yes, different snakes react in different ways.
n/a Posted - 29/09/2009 : 19:57:45
HannahB Posted - 29/09/2009 : 18:45:17
aw where are the piccies??
solid Posted - 29/09/2009 : 18:14:26
no picture then?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000