The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding pinkies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/09/2009 : 21:40:44
hi,

i fed my snake for the first time last week when i got her. then i left her a week to settle in to her new home. last week i thawed the pinkie out in a cup of hot tap water and she woofed it down straight away. one week later i let the pinkie thaw out on its own and she would not eat it, just kept nosing it then leaving it alone. so i got another pinkie out of the freezer and thawed that in a cup of hot tap water and she went straight to it and woofed it, little bugger. do you think its just because its warmer and gives of a better scent?
i put her in the tank after her feed and she is mooching around the tank exploring everything. do you think she is after more food, theres not much of a bump in her belly from the pinkie. shes around 16 inches long and 19grammes.

thanks
mark
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 27/09/2009 : 22:34:21
if it gets to hot it can burn the snakes mouth..
Dazzetski Posted - 27/09/2009 : 22:26:57
I'd stick with what they prefer, if snakey eats defrosting in hot/warm water then keep doing it.
HannahB Posted - 27/09/2009 : 22:00:22
you can defrost it by leaving it out on its own and then blasting it with the hair dryer to make it warmer.. i wouldnt defrost it straight in hot water as although it gets it warm it can dilute the scent..
maybe try her with two next week but then go back down to one the feed after and alternate for a few feeds to see how she does

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000