The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 What to do

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:18:53
We have had Rossi exactly 1 week and 1 day, we have seen Rossi twice in all those days...i plan to leave her alone until she is ready,i change her water and spot check. Will she come out of hiding eventually, is it just time does anyone else have a V shy snake.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 27/09/2009 : 13:00:29
my new three have just recently started coming out about.. iv been coming into my room at night and finding all 3 pressed against the plastic tryin to see who can curl up smallest! lol
she will come out on her own accord but you should be able to start handling her soon just for 5 mins a time to get her used to being handled and out of the viv.. once she realises that being handled is fun and you are no threat she will eventually start coming up to your hand
n/a Posted - 27/09/2009 : 10:00:45
Our snake is always hiding, the only time we see him is after he has been handled, he usually has a look around his viv then its straight back to his hide.
n/a Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:34:40
Thanks guys, i have just changed her water and spot checked, she was awake and i peeped in to ther hide. All you can do is give her time..we are in no rush.
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:24:56
Some snakes are like that, more often they are out at late evening/night.
Usually they'll appear if something is going on that grabs their curiosity.

Slide the door open and change the water, then start doing something else in the room the viv is in, move cushions/make the bed or something and she'll probably poke her head out to have a nosy at you as well.

She will come out of hiding eventually. My snakes go through stages of where they're hidden away all the time, then they'll be out having a creep around all the time.
They seem to do what they want when they want.
gingerpony Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:22:14
it takes at least a week for them to settle in, and they're more active at night when we're asleep anyway

although some corns are more sociable than others too, and they have their own personalities

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000