The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Regurgitation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/09/2009 : 15:04:32
What does snake vomit look like? I fear Porphyria may have had a little bit of a vom in her hide. I know the temps are spot on and I've certainly not handled her since I fed her a couple of days ago, so I'm a little unsure as to why she might have. I fed her a day after she shed and gave her 2 pinkies (which she took comfortably) as the last couple of times I've fed her she seemed to be looking around for more. Have I maybe feed her too much or maybe too soon after a shed?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 27/09/2009 : 16:55:27
Thanks for the re-assurance GP! Seems like she's her normal self so I'm not going to panic too much. She's also taken the largest dump ever last night; good job she had a full clean out scheduled for today!
gingerpony Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:20:20
sounds like the other end to me then
n/a Posted - 26/09/2009 : 10:00:34
Thanks for the replies guys!

It looked nothing like a pinky nor any kind of excrement that I've ever seen, but it did stink! Looked like something between human vomit and scrambled egg. I've cleaned the hide out but she's not returned to it overnight (and it's her favorite hide too!). In fact, I'm not even sure where she is right now; going to have to dig around the substrate (she's hidden herself in the aspen before just to make me panic!).
Remmy Posted - 25/09/2009 : 17:13:10
If it was a regurge you would still probably recognise it as a pinky
gingerpony Posted - 25/09/2009 : 15:34:29
if they've fully shed it's not too soon to feed

regurge is often the whole prey item, usually recognizable as such, and STINKS!
Taz Devil Posted - 25/09/2009 : 15:34:12
are you sure it hasn't come out of the other end. Should have a slightly solid, dark centre with a mucus type edge to it if it has deficated.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000