The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 About to shed - should i feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/09/2009 : 12:16:46
As per the advice of the care sheet, i did a full clean of the viv last weekend. Once i had cleaned and dried everything out i put substrate in and put Kelloggs back in. I didn't feed him as i thought he might be too stressed.

Now his skin has gone very dull and it looks like he is about to shed. Should i feed him as normal this weekend or should i leave him alone?

If he doesn't feed this weekend, is it ok just to wait to next weekend even if it means he hasn't eaten in 3 weeks.

Should I have tried feeding him in the RUB whilst/after cleaning the viv, i assumed it would be too stressful for him?

Andrew
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mnementh Posted - 01/10/2009 : 20:03:36
Yeah I always offer food , if they take it fine , if not its okay . I can say this though , not one of them has not taken the food . Greedy snakies :)
HannahB Posted - 01/10/2009 : 19:22:45
I dont think there is any harm in offering a pinkie to a snake that has got blue eyes.. mont doesnt normally eat when hes gone blue but the last time he went blue he took a pinkie but if he doesnt eat its not the end of the world - i dont mind loosing a pinkie..
Libs fed last night and her eyes were definately blue - the piccies are up in the photos bit so will def offer her food next time she has gone blue
n/a Posted - 01/10/2009 : 12:03:16
I did feed him on saturday however he only had 1 pinky and was very stressed when i put him back in the viv, so i wont be doing that again.

He shed on tuesday with no probs.

Next time i will leave him alone
Kellog Posted - 01/10/2009 : 10:47:38
Must admit that I dont feed Kellog once he has gone blue til he has shed - try imagining wearing your tightest jeans and then eating a 5 course meal...not comfortable! Considering it means just waiting about a week before you feed him again I think it is worth waiting. xxx
n/a Posted - 25/09/2009 : 17:17:22
hello, i fed mine on saturday and he complety shed by the next friday hes only 2 months old so i am gonna try next time to try and feed just befor and if he dont take it i will wait till hes compltley shed and offer him again
n/a Posted - 25/09/2009 : 16:46:58
Cheers

wll offer him food and not worry if he doesn't take it. Will having just fed affect shedding at all?

Andrew
SexyBear77 Posted - 25/09/2009 : 13:40:41
I offer food regardless of wether they have blue eyes or not- that way, the snake can decide if they want to eat, and 9 times out of 10 they do.
Remmy Posted - 25/09/2009 : 13:24:59
If his eyes haven`t gone blue then go ahead and feed him.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000