The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Becoming a breeder?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 19:48:21
Hi im thinking about becoming a snake breeder(for a hobby and money for new snakes and equipment)
and was wandering how to breed the snakes and is it ok to keep them in rubs? thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 21:09:43
In a few years Im thinking about breeding, but there is so much to learn, it is a lil bit daunting. If my hoggies are up to weight and doing well then I might try next year with them but that is a really big if.
HannahB Posted - 21/09/2009 : 20:41:53
hey and welcome

breeding isnt something you can just walk into.. im not a breeder myself but in 3 years I am considering putting my lav stripe and hypo lav together but i will only do it if I feel confident that I am properly prepared for every eventuality that could happen...
it involves a lot of reading up and talking to people who know about it.. but good luck if you do go for it

have you got any snakes at the moment?
matty18714 Posted - 21/09/2009 : 20:29:06
I agree that you will need alot more experience. You cant just ask "How to breed snakes". Its such a huge topic and there isnt just one method. Have a read of a few websites and get a good book or two, then im sure we can answer any specific questions.

Also, to be frank, unless your breeding high end morphs or on a good scale, dont expect much of a profit.
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 20:14:13
I think personally that you should get some experience behind you first before thinking about breeding as vets bills are expensive if anything goes wrong. I have been thinking about it myself as I have only owned my corn for 2 weeks...........I do have previous experience of looking after snakes and I did 2 years in college as well and I still don't feel experienced enough to start it yet.

But if that is what you are wishing to do then there is a lot of help and advice on this forum.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum :o)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000