The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 would this be ok for a corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bilbo Posted - 19/09/2009 : 19:30:20
hi i am still thinking about getting this other snake but just wanted to ask would it be ok to keep it in a wooden box with a glass sliding lid the size is 8" by 12" by 3 1/4 high it is well vented and i can fit 2 hides in it a toilet roll and a small cave hide that i have i also have a small water dish that would fit to. or is this to small?? the snake is about 14 to 15 weeks old and how long can i keep him in it?? i do have a 2 foot viv but need time to sort out room for it first.

thanks guys.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bilbo Posted - 20/09/2009 : 16:40:50
yes it is a wooden viv. i can feel the heat when i put my hand on it and its not over hot. i dont want to burn him.
Remmy Posted - 20/09/2009 : 16:36:48
Is it a wooden viv?
Bilbo Posted - 20/09/2009 : 16:25:03
should i have my heat mat in my viv i have set up at the moment?? as i have put it under the viv at the moment and it seems fine temp is about 82 to 84 cool end is around 74 to 76. dose the heat mat not get to hot inside the viv???
Remmy Posted - 20/09/2009 : 08:26:29
It will be ok if you get a small heat mat to go inside. I think you can get a 5" by 4" heat mat which would take up nearly half the box.
HannahB Posted - 20/09/2009 : 02:02:17
theres a thread on here somewhere where someone asked about how people with more than one snake had set them up and some people had posted piccies - lots of those were just in RUB's from tescos or staples.. they can easily live in one of them - we buy the vivs mainly because they look good to us but im thinking that the snake wont really be bothered what his housing is like as long as theres a hot/cool end, water, hides and regular feeding

you can get a faun 13"x8" (i think its 8") for about £10-£14 and if you go to rymans or staples or any office store you can get RUB's with lids ect for under a 10er which would be fine as long as when they are big enough to stretch around 2 sides their accommodation is upgraded
Bilbo Posted - 20/09/2009 : 00:04:24
i could its just this looks nice lol i could just use it for feeding
Flatpack63 Posted - 19/09/2009 : 23:52:07
My rub is about the same size as the box you want to use so it would be ok sizewise for a hatchling/young juvenile. The only problem I can see is heating it.
You won't get a heatmat in it and if you put one underneath, wood acts as an insulator, so the mat would have to run at quite a high temperature to heat it up enough, and I'd be a little bit worried about the risk of fire.
Couldn't you get a cheap plastic food box?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000