The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 rabbit fur.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 11/09/2009 : 22:15:00
hi all well got my 2 corns to eat the other night. they hadn't fed for a bit before i got them and thought i better get something in to them soon as i didn't want to have to go through a non feeding snake thing again. Offer one pinkie after being warmed by hair dyer. no problems there interest straight away and taken no problem. Tried same with other snake and nothing no interest at all if any thing the opposed and it retreated away. tried a few times heating it up still nothing.

then i remember my rabbits are molting at the minute. So went and took a pinch of rabbit fur. gave the pinkie a rub with it then wraped iit up with the fur in some kitchen role and gave a good blast of dyer. re offered to snake and interested immediately and pinkie was gone.

thank goodness for that great relief and so glad our house is a bit of a zoo. i have my choice of furries to sent with.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 13:36:57
Wow i have nvr herd of that before i would have thrown your rabbit in there
HannahB Posted - 16/09/2009 : 07:20:14
glad they are feeding well for you
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 11:13:24
good idea, glad it worked!
Kellog Posted - 15/09/2009 : 10:19:06
Good news spor, sounds like they are settling in well. xxx
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 01:04:41
well feed them both tonight and both took ok with out any need for scenting so all good
n/a Posted - 12/09/2009 : 21:16:00
i seen the rabbit suggestion on here the other day as advice being giving to some one else.so they deserve the credit.
gingerpony Posted - 12/09/2009 : 16:28:13
most bizarre scenting i've heard of that was successful was GALS slime...........!!

congrats on the feed hun
lee2308 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 00:53:00
if you had a burm you wouldnt need to take the fur,just lob the whole rabbit in lol
KITTYCAT Posted - 11/09/2009 : 23:35:27
is the fur availble by post!? Mae need something like that for the little one. I only have dog or cat fur .Guinea pig ,rabbit n birds deceased, russian hamsters deseased by cat n hamster death by chocolate.
n/a Posted - 11/09/2009 : 22:34:48
never herd that before but well done in what you managed
Kellog Posted - 11/09/2009 : 22:25:40
Good idea - should be added to 'non-feeder advice sticky' - there is one of those, isnt there??? xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000