The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 keep calm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 21:33:40
hey guys its the real hawk speaking.
shen has not eaten yet and i know snakes can go on for up to 9 weeks without food but every time he doesent eat a pinkey i still get kinda worried. theres nothing wrong but i was wondering if any one could give me some advice on how to stay calm

thanks

hawkeye
ps next feed is on the 13.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 23:10:54
Good luck with the feeding I hope Shen takes a pinky soon... wonder why snakes are sometimes soo difficult?

Kellog Posted - 15/09/2009 : 22:21:01
Thats good news Hawk or Eye or Hawkeye. Glad the reptoboost is having a positive effect. Hopefully it will encourage Shen to feed next time you try. xxx
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 19:55:13
GP i just wanted to say i offered shen a pinky, no sucsess but i have been adding a 'pinch'of reptoboost to shens water and he seemes to be a little more active so thans again
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 18:35:26
ok thanks
gingerpony Posted - 13/09/2009 : 18:10:54
just a pinch then hun
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 17:26:20
GP Hi Shen is about 30cm / 1 foot long.
The water container I have in his box is 25ML . How much of the reptobost do I add to this amount
HannahB Posted - 13/09/2009 : 17:20:54
yeah that sounds about right
have my fingers crossed he starts feeding soon for you *crosses fingers and toes*

we are waiting atm for aura to start feeding.. having not eaten since she had her first shed on the 27th we are getting a little concerned..well i am anyway.. but she was the biggest out of the whole clutch and I was told today in the rep shop that this can make them sometimes a little bit slower to start feeding..fingers crossed aura will start feeding today!
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 11:58:04
Thanks guys.
so the tv is not a problem and i keep the light off when it gets dark. good.

the temps are 23.9 in the cool end and 29.5 in the warm end.
is that ok i think it is..

i am going to try and feed shen tonight. hopefully he eats.
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 19:16:32
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

also williamson,could the tv down stairs cause a lot of vibrations? And should i leave my bedroom light off when it gets dark out side.

the downstairs tv should not be a problem as long as its not deafeningly loud and the sub-woofer isnt pushed too far (no fun I know )

as for the bedroom light, I make sure the main light is off at about 9pm to give them a natural dark period, and for reading etc I have a small lamp with an energy saving bulb which is pretty dim.
gingerpony Posted - 12/09/2009 : 16:37:13
if you're not sure about the Reptoboost just drop me an email hun
KITTYCAT Posted - 12/09/2009 : 10:43:29
try gp's advice. like what you said eskimorab about not microwaving it we learned the hard way the mouse explodes n it stinks!
Is your temps okay?
n/a Posted - 12/09/2009 : 10:12:24
yes mum the repto boost just arrived
thanks GP your the best.

i havent used it yet but i will when i change shens water.
i think i know how to use it but i am not 100% sure.

also williamson,could the tv down stairs cause a lot of vibrations? And should i leave my bedroom light off when it gets dark out side.
n/a Posted - 11/09/2009 : 00:18:59
Hawk, has the ReptoBoost arrived? If so are you clear on how to use it?

(Looks like I'm talking to myself, isn't it? lol!)

Williamson Posted - 10/09/2009 : 22:03:42
Is she in a room with alot of vibration? For eg. A stereo or loud TV/surround sound might cause large vibrations which could cause her to become stressed? just an idea?

If you do what GP says and maybe also amke sure the room is quiet and also dark she become more settled.

good luck buddy
gingerpony Posted - 10/09/2009 : 21:55:19
get her on the Reptoboost to give her a pep up, don't handle her at all until her feeding is established, hard i know when you've just got a new pet, hun

try covering over her viv completely and leaving her undisturbed for a couple of days then try a feed
n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 21:51:57
dont panic it will eat eventually.my partners snow corn is a notoriasly bad eater but has survived this far.have you tried warming the pinky(dont micro it) just sit it in a tub on top of the radiater for a couple of minutes.leave the corn in a tub with a tight fitting lid in a quiet place like the cupboard with the boiler or similar(nice and warm).dont forget air holes in the lid.leave for a couple of hours.the other horrible way is to brain the pinkie.hope this works but dont panic if it doesnt

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000