The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 water

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 10:59:00
come down this morning to check on billy my biggest snakey and it seems his rub is al con desnsated up and the paper is all wet the oppisate end (cold end ) to his dish think he likes water and is now just laid there i wasnt sure if this is due to him starting or getting ready for shed
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 20:41:06
its closed now was only for a little time
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 17:23:01
just be careful opening the lid corn snakes are escape artists if they get there head through then they can get out.

Regards Chris & Cornflake
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 13:32:24
ive opened the lid on the rub abit one end next to where i am to allow some air in to help as papper is wet quite alot just keeping an eye for him he fed lastnighht so isnt to active
lucifer Posted - 07/09/2009 : 13:23:29
Cool, just keep an aye on him then for any potential issues... he probably is either near shed or just likes water!
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 13:17:26
yes there is a thermostat installed and checked tith didital thermometer just wating on new runners turning up and he can go in the viv instead of a 50l rub
lucifer Posted - 07/09/2009 : 13:09:01
Just a quick question how are you controlling the temperature of the heat mat? Do you have a thermostat installed?
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 12:15:45
see how he likes it now
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 12:14:51
temps ok will move heat mat so less heat mat under rub no sign of mites
lucifer Posted - 07/09/2009 : 11:56:51
If your snake is spending a lot of time in the water bowl check out a couple of things:
Is the temperature ok in the vivarium? If there isn't enough of a gradient and the cool end isn't cool enough the snake will bathe in the water to cool down.
Is there any evidence of mites or parasites? Check the water bowl for mites.
Tizzy Posted - 07/09/2009 : 11:56:17
You don't want the viv to be too humid as it can cause RIs (snakey chest infections) move the waterdish as far away from the heatmat as you can, some people move it on to the heatmat to raise humidity while snakey is shedding but this is only necessary if snakey has shedding problems. Hope this helps.
PunkAsF82 Posted - 07/09/2009 : 11:21:48
some snakes really like sitting in water anyways, but if he is consistently soaking, he may be getting ready to shed. just keep an eye on him. :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000