The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 stricking!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:09:59
What age do hatchlings start to strick when feeding? thanks.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 22:24:06
When i got cornflake she was aprox 2 months old she strikes at food with very litte encouragement. But i still do the pinkie dance to.

lol at hannahb foxtrot & tango
HannahB Posted - 05/09/2009 : 14:32:24
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Dont really know anything about hatchlings but maybe you can encourage them to strike if you do the 'pinkie dance' each time you feed them, so they think the prey is alive??? xxx

i do the pinkie foxtrot and tango with mine but mont just looks unimpressed by my efforts lol! maybe i should try the waltz next time
KITTYCAT Posted - 04/09/2009 : 23:07:42
My hatchling is only 2 days old it has stuck at me a couple of times hasnt had its first feed yet but if its anything like the father it will strike no probs he has done this since a hatchling though the mother never has struck at anything.
Kellog Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:55:48
Dont really know anything about hatchlings but maybe you can encourage them to strike if you do the 'pinkie dance' each time you feed them, so they think the prey is alive??? xxx
PunkAsF82 Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:47:34
a lot of snakes never bother really. seems they go "well its already dead...why use more energy striking at it?" llol
HannahB Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:38:56
mont is super lazy when feeding..but hoping that one of my newbies will be a bit more proactive about it lol
but im hoping that mont will slowly pick up the art of striking.. he attempts to strike but its like he gives up half way lmao
Chimp276 Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:23:46
some just may not bother to do it ever lmfao!!!
solid Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:15:18
when ever they feel like it i`d imagine, some may do it straight away, others may do it after a couple months
n/a Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:11:59
Sorry about the spelling. I ment striking!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000