The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Have I mentioned he was not eating? :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/09/2009 : 02:48:04
Well he's still not touching his brained pinkie . It's been there for the past six hours or so. I saw him approaching it twice but it was only window shopping and no sale.

It has now been about 20 days since he last fed. If he hasn't eaten by the afternoon then I'm considering transferring him to the plastic box he had come in with a fresh pinkie included, to see if that would convince him. But I'm also reluctant because he's still hands-off and I don't want to unsettle him further.

Opinons, please?

Btw, if he has to go in the rub and stay there for several hours, I guess I'd have to include his water, right?

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 03/09/2009 : 18:55:14
she means leave the pinkie out for a few hours like you are but then put it straight into warm water - that way it all gets warm and put it on some kitchen towel to dry..
if you dont want to put it in water directly put it in a plastic bag and then dunk in warm water

try that with him in the little plastic box - it might be that he doesnt feel safe enough to eat in his viv.. put a towel or something over the little plastic box aswell

hope he feeds soon
n/a Posted - 03/09/2009 : 17:39:11
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

Did you try what I said in your other thread ?

Not yet, this is exactly what I'm trying to get opinions for, because he's still in the no-hands period.

Paula, I'm not totally clear on the instructions: do you mean pinkie goes directly from the freezer into the water, and water touches pinkie directly?
devilsmistress Posted - 03/09/2009 : 14:17:18
Put warm water in a glass bit warmer that lukewarm. Drop the pinky in and leave for a while. Squidge it with feeding tongs to make sure its defrosted! Then take it out put it on kitchen towel for a few seconds then try it. The way you are doing it might mean its not warm enough for your snake. (as in he might like them a bit warmer)not that you are doing anything wrong
Mnementh Posted - 03/09/2009 : 12:37:27
Did you try what I said in your other thread ?
n/a Posted - 03/09/2009 : 11:23:15
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

id his husbandry ok?

temp?
hides?
things like that

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

whats he in at the moment?

He's in a plastic viv/faun measuring 30cm x 22.5cm x 18cm.

Hide in warm end, hide in cool end, a bark to climb over and under stretched from warm to cold end, with more in the cool end.

Water bowl in cool end.

Temps are usually 23.8-29.8, sometimes go to 24.4 at cool end.

Viv is tucked in a corner that blocks the back and one side, a pile of books blocks the other end, so only the front is transparent, and a small window at the top.

Mouse warming: out of the freezer and left on a small plate to thaw under a strainer (for protection from anything falling on it) for three hours, plate then goes on top of a glass that contains warm tap water, so that underside of plate touches the water gets warm but no water touches pinkie. Pinkie then get brained and transferred onto very small plastic plate that goes on top of cool hide (no room elsewhere).

Have tried to hold at end of tweezers for a "dance" but no go.

Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 10:43:08
id his husbandry ok?

temp?
hides?
things like that
lee2308 Posted - 03/09/2009 : 10:06:39
whats he in at the moment?
devilsmistress Posted - 03/09/2009 : 09:14:05
You could try him in his rub. If thats where he has fed before, then he must feel safe in there, It cant do no harm really can it?
Is there anyway you could take a pic of your set up so we can see the whole thing? there could be something upsetting him in there? ore than likley not, but you never know!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000