The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 is she shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:33:08
ok so just been to check on lola. iv noticed from the off that after a feed u can kinda see a darker area where the pinkie is (least thats what i thought it was, pls correct me if im wrong)like she's a little transparent or something lol. she was fed two days ago and she seems to be duller/grayer than usual but not all over. is this the pinkie bein digested that i can see or might she b due a shed? all opinions greatly apreciated as if she is i dont want to stress her out. thanks xx
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/09/2009 : 16:27:34
hard to get a pic where u can c it because of very bad lighting in my house. yeh im new to this and i thought it was strange! it seems different somehow lately. like i can see the pinkie vaguely and then theres bits that have turned a less intense dull colour. mostly on the bottom half of her. her head is still bright orange xx
Spedz Posted - 01/09/2009 : 23:43:24
You can see the digested pinky through her orange body?
I've only ever seen that through a ghost/snow corn..
If the dull spot seems to be in one place, it could be the pinky being digested and the skin shrinking back to normal size..

When they are in shed, you can see amels eyes turn very blue - and they do turn very pale.
Over time, you'll be able to tell when they're coming up to shed and how long it'll take ^^
Kellog Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:08:55
Can you try and get a pic of her belly/the greyish parts? Know that might not be possible if you dont want to handle her or she is too skittish. xxx
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:00:15
haha wasnt bein sarcastic there, you guys are fab and have given me some great advice xsx
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:59:12
according to the fab forum she's amel. not just transparent underneath, you can see the pinkie from every angle
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:53:53
Is she Amel? Becuase Noodle is and hes very transparent underneath. If she was Skittish the chances are she is in Shed, Noodles eyes are noticable when you look close, and he becomes very Pale.. what Morph is she?
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:39:17
Her eyes are red so its hard to tell. she seems more active if anything but i handled her for a sec before noticing the colour of her and she seemed a bit skittish but could be because shes not been out for a couple days x
Kellog Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:34:46
Are her eyes dull? Is she hiding out/has her behaviour changed? xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000