The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 worried

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 16:46:33
Cornflake has burrowed himself under the substrate and he has barely moved for hours. Raz is worried - can anybody help/reassure us

moved to general
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 20:05:55
Hi! Joy of joys Cornflake has come out and is zipping around now! Raz won't worry next time he does this. She would have been in tears still without your help. (Raz is 9) Thanks all!
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:45:48
I wouldn't worry about him hiding like that... Mine does it too, and he likes to hide under his waterbowl on the cool side of the tank. If you don't like that you can't see him, you could change the substrate to suit you and just make sure you have hides for him.
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:24:49
quote:
Originally posted by raz99

Cornflake has burrowed himself under the substrate and he has barely moved for hours. Raz is worried - can anybody help/reassure us

moved to general

just noticed same as my corn -cornflake- mine does this too lol
Remmy Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:07:06
The senser should be on top of the heat mat not the other way around. Could be why the stat is flat out.
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:05:08
yes
Remmy Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:01:46
What sort of viv have you got, is it a plastic faun?
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:57:12
the substrate is wood (Beech) chippings - it was part of the kit they gave us at the shop. We were told to sit the heat mat on the sensor on a teatowel then place the viv on the mat.
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:47:45
do you have a digi thermometer in your viv monitoring temps? it seems odd that your stat has to be on all the way- what type of substrate are you using and how much of it is over the heat mat?

also, how are your probes and sensors set up? he may have been in the cold side because he was roasting

stress from moving house can affect different corns in different ways- some hide alot, others get hyperactive.
Remmy Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:45:20
He will be fine, corns like to burrow as they feel safe. Dont try and move him around to get the heat or change the heat settings as he can regulate his heat as he needs it. If he is cold he will go to the warm end himself.
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:39:46
Oh. He hasn't moved back to the cold side yet. The thermostat is on as high as it will go as this is the only way to get the temperature up to where it should be. Is it possible that he was more lively yesterday because of the stress of leaving the shop etc? Sorry to be so demanding of support - we are completely inexperienced and Raz has comletely fallen in love with cornflake and is so worried about him. Thanks 4 your help.
meggi Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:35:39
dont worry about him , when we first got tobasco that was practically lived in the day. + with his heat , dont bother turning it up or down , if his viv is the right temp leave it , he knows what he needs and if hes getting cold he will move.

http://yfrog.com/4q10016972j
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:26:37
quote:
Originally posted by raz99

no he's in the cold side.and we have the tempreture on flat out.we turned the tank round so he can get warm again.any other advice?

what do you mean the temp is on flat out?

if he was in the cold side, then he wanted to be there- turning the tank around probably meant he now has to move again. your snake can move himself if need be.
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:03:19
no he's in the cold side.and we have the tempreture on flat out.we turned the tank round so he can get warm again.any other advice?
lee2308 Posted - 31/08/2009 : 17:03:28
nothing to worry about as hannah has said.
HannahB Posted - 31/08/2009 : 17:02:42
no probs - happy to help
has he hidden himself above his heat mat? if he has it might be an idea to slightly turn up the temp a degree or two as he might be a tad cold..
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 16:59:18
thankyou SO much i was getting really worried.
HannahB Posted - 31/08/2009 : 16:51:53
thats normal.. corns tend to come out at night as they are nocturnal so its usual for them to hide during the day..
if i remember correctly you havent had him very long have you? if im right hes still getting used to you and settling in

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000