The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding Problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 09:58:34
Hi guys
Hercules Shed last night and he still has about 2 inches which hasnt come free on his tail. the problem is that Sunday is his feeding day. Is it ok to leave until Wednesday or should i risk a regurg and try get it today?
Cheers for any advice
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:25:16
glad the shed came off ok
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:14:20
I woulda give him a bath but he'd just eaten and he didnt like his last one. My girl has just shown me a pic she took when he was blue and he looks like he has transformed into a Snow :D
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 19:49:00
When Noodle had Shed left on his tail. I took him into the Bathroom, and put hot water on my fingers and rubbed his Tail and it eventually came off, tried giving him a Bath but he went nuts lol
Kellog Posted - 01/09/2009 : 10:57:48
So glad damp tissue worked. Had really bad shed with Kellog last shed, but he had just caught mites and was racing round his viv like a maniac cos of them. Immediately bathed him and used damp then dry kitchen roll to help him finish shed...but had to keep doing baths cos of mites - poor snake. Think I might add something to increase humidity next time he goes 'blue' just to help out. xxx
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 10:38:46
The Damp tissue in his hide did the trick the last bit came off, i think i will do it next time he goes into shed mode just to make it easier for him next time
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:53:54
when mine had this problem i put damp cloth in a container and put him in for fifteen minutes. Then I carefully used a dry towel to encourage the shed off. I know it is crucial that all the shed comes off otherwise, if it dries on it could discourage blood flow to the tail. That is why you see snakes who have pieces of tail that turn black and fall off.
meggi Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:31:40
wait till wednesday , then put him in a lukewarm bath (breathing holes in bath obviously) leave him 10-15 them when you get him out the bath try easing the rest of the shed off.

http://yfrog.com/4q10016972j
HannahB Posted - 31/08/2009 : 15:54:57
pop him in a bath on weds (temp checked of course!) and then let him wriggle through two towels which should help remove the leftover shed
gingerpony Posted - 31/08/2009 : 15:50:43
stuck shed is just uncomfy and unsightly in the short-term, although it's best removed as soon as possible
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 10:44:13
Yea he was fed yesterday, ill get some damp tissue and put it in one of his hides see if that works
Cheers
Remmy Posted - 31/08/2009 : 10:39:36
I take it he has eaten then. I would leave it until wednesday then let him run through a damp towel. When he is running through it you should be able to slowly pull the shed off.
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/08/2009 : 10:34:02
so he was fed yesterday? or was supposed to be fed but wasnt because of the shedding problem? If he has eaten I would put a damp hide in the viv and leave him to it till wednesday. If he hasnt eaten then I would get him out and try to remove it by letting him run through a damp towel.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000