The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First feed due tonight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 14:23:01
hi guys this is the real Hawk talking, you've all been chatting to my mum. I just wanted to tell you that today the first week is up and I will be feeding Shen tonight. I read it's best to feed him at night and I will try to get a video of him eating a pinkie. So now you know Hawkeye is two people me and my mum. I'm the hawk, she's the eye lol and Hawkeye really is my middle name.

GP edited typo
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 20:33:35
Had terrible trouble with my son (12). Cos Kellog didnt feed straight away we decided only one person should deal with him, changing water, handling, cleaning etc, although he is a family snake. I was chosen by OH cos I am always home but son was not happy!! Now he has done last 3 feeds and handles him regularly. Doubt he even remembers how frustrating it was cos it is worth it is worth doing it right and getting a good result, which is a happy safe confident snake. xxx
n/a Posted - 28/08/2009 : 20:27:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Snakes are totally different species to us so we feel out of our depth, especially as we cant get them to tell us what is wrong, we cant understand their movements etc as we can with our babies. How are we supposed to know if they are hungry, thirsty, tired, ill, just in a grumpy mood! But we learn - I hope!! xxx

Well, we're getting to know the little guy, right now enough to know that he still prefers to be left alone, which we do other than to change his water. The Real Hawk keeps saying how much he would like to hold Shen already but both of us realize patience is the name of the game at this stage.
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 19:40:44
Snakes are totally different species to us so we feel out of our depth, especially as we cant get them to tell us what is wrong, we cant understand their movements etc as we can with our babies. How are we supposed to know if they are hungry, thirsty, tired, ill, just in a grumpy mood! But we learn - I hope!! xxx
n/a Posted - 28/08/2009 : 13:01:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Done the full blown panic thing when first got Kellog and he went on 13 week fast (he is about 4 and a half years old) but was talked off the edge by the guys on here! You definitely get parental feelings towards snake and it happens fast, they are your responsibility and their life is dependant on you - just like kids! Just rely on the forum, they know what they are talking about! xxx

Absolutely. The funny thing is that I'd never experienced this kind of thing with any of my human babies, probably because I had confidence, knowledge and year of experience before I gave birth. Can't say I have much of any of that after 9 days of "snake parenthood"
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 04:29:15
Done the full blown panic thing when first got Kellog and he went on 13 week fast (he is about 4 and a half years old) but was talked off the edge by the guys on here! You definitely get parental feelings towards snake and it happens fast, they are your responsibility and their life is dependant on you - just like kids! Just rely on the forum, they know what they are talking about! xxx
gingerpony Posted - 26/08/2009 : 21:24:59
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

I'm trying to make my mind up whether anxiety is sufficient or should I go into full blown panic

just mild anxiety will do for now.....
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 21:12:15
So far it's not going at all

I've brained the pinkie and put it on a piece of kitchen roll in the viv. Put Shen back in, he went straight for a hide. Plan at the moment is to leave him totally on his own, unless someone has other ideas.

Btw has anyone else here ever felt they were developing a "new mother" syndrom? I'm trying to make my mind up whether anxiety is sufficient or should I go into full blown panic
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 20:50:34
Hope it works out fine :) lets see some pictures! We all love Corns here... i think?!?
Remmy Posted - 26/08/2009 : 17:53:35
Good luck with the feed, hope it goes ok
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/08/2009 : 14:25:33
oooh confusing! sounds good re: the feeding, let us know how it goes.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000