The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Ishan not eating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/08/2009 : 18:47:08
When i got Ishan i was told he had taken three feeds. After a week of setteling in i offered him a pinkie, he took it. About 4 or 5 days later i offered him another, he didnt take it. So i waited another 5 days and brained the pinkie this time, still didnt take it. And hasnt had a feed since, its been about 4 weeks. Nothing has changed, nothing happened to him, temps are fine. Not sure what to do as ive tried braining, leaving overnight
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 22:47:30
quote:
Originally posted by meggi

Try putting Ishan in a chinease takeaway tube ( or something like ) over night with a paper towel on the bottom and a brained pinkie.

i put him in a cricket tub with a towel over it the last times

i got him from a breeder, and unable to go back there at the moment as the breeder is on the english boarder, i havent got the time to journey there and back at the moment.
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 20:52:49
I cant gigve any advice since its never happened to me, if it was me personally after 4weeks id take him back and see if the Shop can get him feeding, its an unfortunate world but sometimes you just get Snakes than once there Captive hatched they just dont eat and theres nothing we can do about it sadly :( these things just happen
meggi Posted - 26/08/2009 : 15:59:42
Try putting Ishan in a chinease takeaway tube ( or something like ) over night with a paper towel on the bottom and a brained pinkie.
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 12:45:24
quote:
Originally posted by neil

Is there any chance your snake could be feeling stressed or vulnerable?

Check the temps - if it's too cold they won't eat as they can't digest.

Make sure there are hides on both sides (hot and cold), make sure the faunarium is packed with cork, plants, toilet roll tubes, so your snake doesn't feel at risk from predators.

Try blocking off the sides and back of the faunarium (tape paper over them) to help your snake feel enclosed and safe.

Good luck

temps are right
hides on both sides, lots of plants, vines
backround on 3 sides
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 12:12:23
Is there any chance your snake could be feeling stressed or vulnerable?

Check the temps - if it's too cold they won't eat as they can't digest.

Make sure there are hides on both sides (hot and cold), make sure the faunarium is packed with cork, plants, toilet roll tubes, so your snake doesn't feel at risk from predators.

Try blocking off the sides and back of the faunarium (tape paper over them) to help your snake feel enclosed and safe.

Good luck
SexyBear77 Posted - 25/08/2009 : 13:35:02
oh dear, chin up tho and keep trying!
n/a Posted - 25/08/2009 : 13:32:58
tried feeding in the viv yesterday, no luck :( i left it overnight and still nothing
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/08/2009 : 18:09:33
lol try it and see- it could be the new best feeding tip!
n/a Posted - 24/08/2009 : 15:15:17
no rabbit :(

would a ferret work? lol
Kazerella Posted - 24/08/2009 : 14:50:37
It's definitely worth a try

I don't suppose there's a rabbit about? I've heard rubbing the food in some rabbit hair does wonders. (never tried it though).
n/a Posted - 24/08/2009 : 14:46:07
thanks everyone, im going to try feeding today. Im feeding all the snakes today so i was thinking of defrosting the pinkies with the medium mice to get more of a scent, would that make a difference maybe?
Kazerella Posted - 24/08/2009 : 11:12:14
Just put something down to cover the aspen so there's no risk of him ingesting it and it should be fine.

4 weeks isn't too bad yet, but just try as many different ways as possible.
n/a Posted - 24/08/2009 : 01:15:32
yea i feed outside as he is on aspen but i will try that and let you know how i get on
sexychef Posted - 23/08/2009 : 23:18:32
do you try to to feed outside the viv/faun.
if so try to feed in the viv and pack it out with lots of tissue tubes vines and hides.
n/a Posted - 23/08/2009 : 22:49:10
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

take him back to the shop to see if they get him feeding.

got him from a breeder
who is the other side of cardiff so im unable to get there for awhile

and no i havent been handling him as i read its not good to handle a non eating corn. Nope everything is the same, same place got them from, same way of defrosting, and i heat them up
sexychef Posted - 23/08/2009 : 19:03:42
have you been handerling him, have you changed where you have got your pinkies from or how you are defrosting them?
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/08/2009 : 18:58:14
take him back to the shop to see if they get him feeding.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000