The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 new snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/08/2009 : 21:43:10
hi i got my corn snake 3 days ago it has not fed yet it was drew that day it just goes behind the backgroud and stays there is it normal
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 10:44:16
I wouldnt leave an all glass viv exposed on all sides... I wouldnt like having to live like that, and I've got no natural predators...
eeji Posted - 22/08/2009 : 10:39:04
if he's going behind the background, thats where he feels safest, i would recommend adding more hiding places, even if its only empty bog roll tubes
punumbear Posted - 22/08/2009 : 08:25:00
agree with ya kellog but saying tht my lil corn has a glass viv and all sides are open she is as sound as a pound... but ys pic of setup would be good
Kellog Posted - 22/08/2009 : 08:21:50
Think a snake would feel very exposed if in glass/plastic viv with no background but open on all sides. Would need background at least on outside of back glass and even maybe side glass. If it is wood viv then dont think background necessary, wood is nice to see with whatever else decorates the viv.
Sort out your background - ie get it out of viv and stick up. Then leave snake for at least a week to settle in, only putting your hand in daily to change water, smooth substrate etc. That way it gets used to your smell. After week try feed again. Wont harm it waiting. You should have been given this advice from shop.
Any pic of viv so we can see what set-up you have? xxx
gingerpony Posted - 19/08/2009 : 22:15:06
you'd leave a glass viv/plastic faun exposed on all 4 sides? sorry, how on earth does that benefit your snake??
janeann10uk Posted - 19/08/2009 : 22:14:06
Personaly wouldnt have any type of background in the first place. How old is corn?
gingerpony Posted - 19/08/2009 : 22:10:47
and let it potentially get stuck/injured? best off sorting the enclosure then leaving it a week...........
janeann10uk Posted - 19/08/2009 : 22:05:28
You need to give it at least a week to settle in. Leave it alone for now and let it settle in and suss its new surroundings
gingerpony Posted - 19/08/2009 : 22:05:00
what set-up have you got that he can get behind the background?

it's much easier to put paper/card/aquarium background on the outside of a faun/glass viv..........
lee2308 Posted - 19/08/2009 : 21:57:14
i would get it out from the background and make sure it cant get back there and dont use tape to secure it,gie it a couple more days to settle then feed it,how old is it?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000