The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 too big ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/08/2009 : 19:49:24
Hey i just picked up my corn today and the guy provided me with a container for transporting. the one he/she had been living in which is a small clear tub. But what i was wanting to know is he said to keep him/her in there for a couple months because a bigger space will freak them out.

The viv i got is a small one because i read that alot of space unsettles them so my question is should i get it all over with at once ? I mean he/she will already be a little unsettled with the transporting so should i put them in the viv now too or wait the couple months then do it ? The tub is pretty small though ?

Just dont want to unsettle it more than nescissary but want to make sure it will be comfortable.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 22/08/2009 : 15:37:02
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Well done for sorting his home out and following the advice given (so frustrating when someone asks for advice and then doesnt follow it!). This forum really helps doesnt it?! Cant wait to see pics, whats his name and what sort of corn is he? xxx

Yea im trying to keep to any advice given. Just so annoyed that the 'corn snake starter kit' i bought seems to be so lacking given that it is for first time owners My uncle came down last night to give me all sorts of goodies for him once he settles in. He also pointed out every thing that is off about my so called 'starter kit'

SexyBear77 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 10:49:03
hope he'll be happier now!
Kellog Posted - 22/08/2009 : 08:53:26
Well done for sorting his home out and following the advice given (so frustrating when someone asks for advice and then doesnt follow it!). This forum really helps doesnt it?! Cant wait to see pics, whats his name and what sort of corn is he? xxx
n/a Posted - 19/08/2009 : 14:17:46
Sorted it out just put him in a slightly larger tub with a loo roll tube and a part of a kids prize thing from a machine you know the one on balls anyway made a space for him to get in ( i know hes a he now and i sanded down the hole ) and got his water bowl in there too.

Although he tryed to get me when i was moving him for the smaller tub dont think he was very happy with me.

Thanx for all the info is much appreciated and i'll get pics up when i can but gonna leave him be just now.
n/a Posted - 19/08/2009 : 13:57:21
Hi there, your young corn would do well in one of these.

Cheers Brads
Flatpack63 Posted - 19/08/2009 : 13:20:46
I've got Menthol in a plastic food storage tub with a clip lid I got from the pound shop. It measures 9"x7"x4" (Approx) This is enough space for a waterbowl and two toilet roll tubes for hides.
I did drill a lot of 1/8 inch holes all around for ventilation.
KITTYCAT Posted - 19/08/2009 : 12:49:17
just ignore me asking for the size as you already told us when you got it in the introductions.you could put it in a bigger tub and place inside the viv for a few weeks see what others think if you do decide to put him in the viv make sure there is no escape holes as corns are great escape artists.

1 x snow corn - casper
1 x carolia corn - herbie
2 x cats pep n sophie
1 x weinmarner - zac
1 x staffy - zeus
KITTYCAT Posted - 19/08/2009 : 12:33:03
hi there, you said your viv is small but what does it measure? i put both my corns in the viv when i brought them home they were 6wks so i was told they hid under the aspen alot the only prob i did have was they both escaped through the tiny space between the sliding doors i did eventuallt find them and block of the gap
hillzi Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:58:28
toilet rolls and assorted jar lids will be fine ;) as long as the jar lid is clean
HannahB Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:42:27
iv got mine in a big viv (which i have to add is being replaced once hes shed for a medium faun) and i know its too big but ive packed it with loads of shredded paper and hides and vines and stuff so that it doesnt seem as big to him and hes doing ok...
if you cant get a medium im sure a large one or similar packed with loads of hiding places will be ok for him aswell
Tizzy Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:10:04
How big is the Tub you were told to keep him in?

I keep my hatchlings in a cricket box (3inces by 5 inches) but at 8 weeks it should be ready for a Medium sized Flat faun 8"x14"x6" that will last up to a year.
n/a Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:07:38
Nope dont think it would be big enough for 2 hides and water bowl all it had in it was a bit of kitchen roll and a milk cap which i assume was used for water.so a slightly larger tub big enough for 2 hides and water. I'll sort that out just now thanks for the help :)
Remmy Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:04:08
As long as it is big enough for 2 hides and a water bowl then yes i would keep it in the tub.

btw, how big is your viv?
n/a Posted - 18/08/2009 : 19:59:21
Yea just a hatchling bout 8 weeks old. so should be keeping in the smaill tub then ?
Remmy Posted - 18/08/2009 : 19:56:40
How old is your corn? If it is a hatchling you dont want to put it in a viv as it will be too big.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000