The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Dull Phase

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 07/08/2009 : 12:26:49
How long can it last when shedding? Im sure he went into shed Nearly 10 days ago as when I went to feed him I had to brain the pinky to get him to feed and not just attack it! I never noticed his eyes go blue (but they are red) a few days after he went dull. and as been hideing ever since. He is stil dull now and is just hideing in the warm end and not coming out. I fed him again 2 days ago so I know he will hide then, but he just sems really inactive. Ill try and get some pics up in minute.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 07/08/2009 : 20:54:19
snakes will hide when getting ready to shed as they feel more vulnerable. Main thing to look for with amels is dull skin. Make sure the water bowl is big enough for them to have a proper soak in and you shouldnt need any other damp stuff in there.
hillzi Posted - 07/08/2009 : 20:51:53
Humidity helps them shed, but I don't use moss.

I find it incredibly hard to tell when my amel's in shed. red eyed always go a bit pinky. Also dulling and their skin showing in lines around their scales is a good sign.
Stumpy Posted - 07/08/2009 : 19:22:58
My snake goes like that for a period then I found he became active and found his shed.
Brookestar Posted - 07/08/2009 : 19:14:02
normally you dont need any damp things in the viv as a snake should shed normally at normal room humidity
devilsmistress Posted - 07/08/2009 : 18:48:34
Ok damp towels in for him, all I need now is for him to actually come out the warm hide! He has been in there for at least a week now without comming out apart from the feeding, then its straight back in there! Temps are fine btw!
devilsmistress Posted - 07/08/2009 : 17:05:12
Really? thanks remmy Ill stick some in for him,, ill dig out something to put it in!
Remmy Posted - 07/08/2009 : 14:43:31
If you havent got any moss you can use damp paper towels.
devilsmistress Posted - 07/08/2009 : 14:16:11
Thanks guys, I have moved his water bowl to the warm end to up the humidity, But dont have any moss! It is his first shed with me, Ill give him a few more days and if still no shed, ill try the bath. In the mean time ill try and get some moss for him!
HannahB Posted - 07/08/2009 : 13:59:35
if you think bam might be struggling sometimes a soak in the sink can help.. ive got an exo terra moss hide for mont and i just put some water on the moss and it stays damp for a little while and i think it helps him
Remmy Posted - 07/08/2009 : 13:47:19
Hi Paula, On Sully`s first shed with me she started shedding 4 days after her eyes went back to normal then it took her 14 days to shed. She has always been a bad shedder and it is only the last shed that was ok. Just check the temps and humidity are ok and put a damp hide in with her if she is having problems.
HannahB Posted - 07/08/2009 : 12:50:36
yeah if his colours have gone dull then hes in shed.. is it his first shed with you? i know i worried a lot when it was monts first shed as i didnt know what to expect but he did fine
Flatpack63 Posted - 07/08/2009 : 12:39:33
Rizla usually takes between 10 to 12 days to shed after going blue so I wouldn't be worried. And (Touch wood ) he's never had a bad shed.
devilsmistress Posted - 07/08/2009 : 12:35:04
ok thanks, Would you agree he is in shed though? I know there is the running joke about they like to make us worry ect, but it just seems to be taking a long time, and was not sure how long its ment to take. I was starting to worry something else might be wrong with him!
HannahB Posted - 07/08/2009 : 12:30:53
different snakes act differently.. with him having red eyes the colour change might not be so obvious, hes probs just feeling antisocial cause hes shedding.. my guys eyes went blue and then about 4days later cleared up and then maybe a few days later he actually shed.. could be any day now that he decides to shed
devilsmistress Posted - 07/08/2009 : 12:29:41
Before going dull,

After going dull

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000