The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hugo finally shed!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/08/2009 : 16:21:06
Hugo had his 1st shed with me today :) hurray!!! It was so exciting, I actually saw him slide out of his skin!!! I was getting a little worried that he hadnt shed yet so I gave him a bath, which he loved! about 5 mins after I put him back he shed! The skin measures 25 inches, so Im guessing he is about 23 inches long, I haven't weighed him yet but I will do tommorrow. He shed on 17th June the day before I bought him, then went into blue on friday 31st August and finally shed today :) Im so happy with him, he is doing really well and hasnt given me any problems at all so far, he even ate during his shedding cycle! Just thought I'd share my excitement with you all! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 05/08/2009 : 20:00:59
its so cool watching them shed.. i saw lucien shed and it was fascinating...
shame that mont decided to shed around the leaves so it all got scrunched up and now only measures about 6inches so cant really use it for later comparisons
Ell Posted - 05/08/2009 : 06:54:05
Huzzah!
Brookestar Posted - 05/08/2009 : 00:25:09
i kept mine but mum binned them :(
hillzi Posted - 04/08/2009 : 22:45:10
it's really something to watch them shed!

I had my snakes old shed's but binned them. thinking I'm keeping september's, it'll be his first shed as a year old then compare them over the years.
n/a Posted - 04/08/2009 : 21:41:29
I feel your joy.

Our new arrival has shed twice now, and like yours fed during both sheds... the following day I offered up another & he took it, and a second, and then ate again 4 days later! It can't hurt to offer one up... if he doesn't eat it, he doesn't eat it ... it wont break the bank.
n/a Posted - 04/08/2009 : 21:27:43
Yeah Im definatley keeping it so I see how much he grows :)I even took it into work today to show everyone lol! I've got a little diary to record when he sheds and his weight and approximate length. He's been hiding for the past 4 days waiting to shed and now he's just popped his head out of his hide to have a nosey around! I read that they get hungry after a shed, is this because some don't eat during shedding? Hugo ate on saturday, shall I just carry on feeding as normal (I usually feed once a week) or will he be hungry again now?
lucifer Posted - 04/08/2009 : 17:34:59
I haven't seen Lucien shed yet!
Damn snake decided to do it while I was working away but didn't mind doing it front of Hannahb who was snake sitting! Grrrr lol
Brookestar Posted - 04/08/2009 : 16:46:52
great to hear the good news. keeping it? i kept my snakes first sheds with me and it amazing to see how quick they grow
Stumpy Posted - 04/08/2009 : 16:35:47
It is a great feeling hen that happens.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000