The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Oh dear! Here comes another :-)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dkdesire Posted - 28/07/2009 : 07:37:17
Hi all, just recently I managed to persuade the wife to get another snake :-) we found a breeder which was right around the corner from us with a huge range of corns. We managed to find a gorgeous anery baby (3 week old). After parting with £15 (very reasonable considering our shop bought butter cost £100) we set up the little thing in a small rub with hides some green and a water dish.
Doing as we were told, we were gonna leave it alone for the first week but it decided to knock over it's water dish soaking all the substrate, we decided to change it but as I tried to get him out he tagged, before I even registered what happened he sprung again. Leavng him a couple of minutes I tried one more time but with his tail rattling he did it again. After all that fun we managed to change it and now back to leaving him alone for a week.
I was just wondering are babies usually like this or was it purely a nervous thing of being somewhere new? He was fine when we put him in.
Pics soon :-)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dkdesire Posted - 28/07/2009 : 11:16:42
Thanks hillzi & sexybear
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/07/2009 : 11:10:20
smaller snakes have more to fear from predators, and so can be more agressive. Even newly hatched pippies with rattle and strike when handled. Give him some time and then commence some gentle handling. He is only tiny at the mo so nothing to fear, and he will settle down.
hillzi Posted - 28/07/2009 : 10:39:05
just change the water daily and then start handling after a week

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000