The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hi guys... shedding question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/07/2009 : 23:23:33
Well it looks like my little corn is into his 2nd shed in 2 weeks... is that normal? He has been eating 2 pinkies every 5 days and although his eyes are very cloudy tonight took another two... one fairly sizable one at that!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/07/2009 : 23:01:11
quote:
Originally posted by ten

I thought we'd covered this in 'Introductions'... he was found in my garage.

You're right, i can clearly remember.
I was just being lazy, and not looking through previous posts really.
n/a Posted - 30/07/2009 : 22:19:46
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

didnt look for you in intros.

Apologies, I mistook you for sexy_chef, I think.. or someone else completely! If he did have theses parasitic mites, could you see them with the naked eye?

This shot doesn't do it justice, but I thought the difference in sizes was quite remarkable in such a short time ...

... other-half snapped it on retrieval... detail

Got him out the plastic RUB & rehoused him in this glass vivarium. I'm glad I dampened some newspaper and loosely filled that artificial log you can see in there, ... must've helped alot.

He likes his newspaper.
Chimp276 Posted - 30/07/2009 : 11:32:00
Na thats fine, snakes all grow at their own rates!
Stumpy Posted - 30/07/2009 : 09:54:15
If he is regularly eating two Pinkys a week try him on one the next size up.
n/a Posted - 30/07/2009 : 08:47:05
A full, clean shed last night. Text book stuff.

I've laid the 2 sheds out & the difference in size is quite staggering.
Will post pics later.

Have been told they get quite ravenous after shedding so, & although its only 4 days after his last meal... I'm gonna offer him a couple more morsals this evening!
Brookestar Posted - 29/07/2009 : 18:12:44
i agree with sexybear. just to be safe
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/07/2009 : 13:25:38
didnt look for you in intros.

tbh if you found him in your garage I would still be on the lookout for mites and skin conditions, even if all else appears healthy and normal.
n/a Posted - 29/07/2009 : 12:15:47
I thought we'd covered this in 'Introductions'... he was found in my garage.

I should've used the search function before posting tbh as there are numerous threads about shedding... I think he's just piling on the grams at the moment.

Everything appears healthy & normal.
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/07/2009 : 09:49:33
I agree with above- where did you find him? outside? or somewhere were he was mistreated?
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/07/2009 : 23:43:37
Where you say you 'found' him, if he was literally lost and then you found him then he could have had something happen to him before he came into your possesion which could be a cause of quick times between sheds.

There are so many variables in regards shedding, sometimes it can be problematic looking for why they are shedding so quickly.

In what circumstances did you 'find' him.
n/a Posted - 28/07/2009 : 21:36:52
Thanks for the replies.

Can't be sure of his age as we 'found' him, but we recon less than 6 months. He's eating very well indeed... 2 pinkies every 5–7 days. His eyes started clouding over yesterday so I'm expecting a shed in a few days time.

Seems to've settled in very well: doesn't seem stressed when I handle him, but I keep it down to a few minutes of an evening, and not every evening at that. I moved him out of the plastic RUB into a Reptile1 bespoke small glass vivarium which measures about 1 foot by 1 foot.

lee2308 Posted - 28/07/2009 : 14:38:21
could be just a growth spurt or they sometimes shed more freqently if they have mites
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/07/2009 : 09:24:25
how old is he? how long have you had him for? 2 sheds in 2 weeks could be abnormal, may be a sign of an irritating skin condition.
n/a Posted - 28/07/2009 : 02:26:19
I think it's probably normal... the books say it is!

Why did I even post this silly message. He's doing fine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000