The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Need Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 00:09:27
Hi there we brought a corn snake from one shop which was cool, then thought about getting another, which we did the problem is it doesn't like to eat as it should any tips?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 22/07/2009 : 22:54:07
Thanks to all your help i'll check out them tubes in Wilko's, spoke to another local reptile shop and they said to try him in a cricket tube and leave the pinkie and snake with a bottle top of water in there over night, lets keep fingers crossed he may eat tonight!!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/07/2009 : 17:07:02
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

kehhlyr,i was right the other day

I know, glad we didn't put any money on it.
lee2308 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 12:46:09
79 is very low,snakes need heat to digest their food and without it they wont eat,are you using a dial temp guage and any chance of a pic of your set up.

kehhlyr,i was right the other day
devilsmistress Posted - 20/07/2009 : 10:00:28
Thats what I got mine in!! But I would recomend putting masking tape all the way round the lid to stick it to the tank as they dont lock down tight and if the snake figures it out he can get out betewn the lid and tank on the inside! I put the tape round to pull the lid into the tank so he cant get out!
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/07/2009 : 02:06:24
I'm assuming that the viv is 1ft tall and 1ft deep.
If so then its way to big for such a tiny snake. Have a pop down to wilkos or somewhere like that and buy one of the 'el cheapo' plastic tanks, they cost about a fiver. http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Domestic-Bird+Fish/Wilko-Fish-TankVivarium-11ltr/invt/0080104?htxt=jZapUKstYcfPMGlU1xrA2CaWJOefs6Pd4jk1gu%2BF5JdMXUcpTlWS3o0seOzvKARC4XUPor9gtB8I%0AhADeqNMkwg%3D%3D
One of those.

The sheer size of the viv could make the snake very nervous, so he wouldn't eat.

Also, go to your local rep shop and ask for a cricket tub, buy some if you have to and use the cricket tub for feeding in.

Did you get any info on the snake?
12 days old is a bit young for anyone to allow a snake to go really. I personally would make sure they had at least 4 feeds and 1 shed before i'd let a hatchling go. So about 4-5 weeks (ish).
HannahB Posted - 19/07/2009 : 23:30:49
my lil guy was a bit fussy the second time i tried to feed him.. but i put that down to him being a bit blind as he was getting ready to shed..but i put a pinkie in his viv last night and when my mum checked this lunch time she caught him finishing it off..
maybe try leaving the mouse in his viv overnight and when he realises its food he might decide to eat it
Chimp276 Posted - 19/07/2009 : 19:02:12
Have you got a hot end and a cold end?
The hot end should be a bit hotter then 79f, it should be about 86!!
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 18:55:42
We have had him since 20/06/09, only hatched 08/06/09. He's about 12 inches long, lives in a starter viv which is 2 foot long. Temp hasn't moved from 79 f and it's getting feed pinkies every 5 days!!! Haven't put them together as the other is 24 inches long!
Remmy Posted - 19/07/2009 : 09:14:55
Also are they in seperate vivs or have you put them in together?
Kellog Posted - 19/07/2009 : 02:46:18
I agree with paulasparky's questions and what Kehhlyr says. When I joined my new corn wasn't eating, he went for 13 weeks - but the guys on here kept me calm and gave me advice on what might be going on and what to try. In the end we just had to wait it out and one day he just ate, which made me jump! Trust Kehhlyr and the others but give them as much info as possible so they can give you the best advice. xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/07/2009 : 01:06:54
Have a quick look here as well: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720
It gives loads of hints and info.
Any more queries or deeper info needed, then ask away.
devilsmistress Posted - 19/07/2009 : 00:19:50
How long have you had the snake?
How big is the viv?
How big is the snake?
What are your temps?
What are you feeding?

Its recomended to leave a snake a week before any interaction, apart from spot cleaning. Also snakes can go monts with out eating.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000