The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Camera Flash

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HannahB Posted - 12/07/2009 : 16:24:20
can the flash on a camera damage or affect a snakes eyes in any way?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spedz Posted - 01/09/2009 : 23:18:54
I've heard that red-eyes are more sensitive to the light..
It's best to hold a rizla-paper over the flash if you were going for a very close shot, for protection..

I don't have the best camera for dark shots, so I prefer the natural light every time ^^
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:47:00
Yea as i said. i hold it a good bit away. Im not like 'In his face yo!' I just zoom in lol
matty18714 Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:00:30
I think most morphs will be fine with it. I wouldn't use a flash too close to red eyed morphs though.
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:54:51
It is funny Kellog, when i lift the Camera he just Freezes and stares! I think hes gona go for my throat!
HannahB Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:20:11
lol i opened this thread not long after i joined...
mont doesnt seem too bothered by the camera.. i try not to use the flash directly on him.. if i can i use his heat lamp which doesnt get used lol
Kellog Posted - 01/09/2009 : 20:16:32
quote:
Originally posted by paulasparky

quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Well Noodle is Amel, so he has Red eyes, i never heard anything about the using the Flash with Red eyes, doesnt seem to bother him tho.. i dont hold it right infront of him mind, i just zoom in from a good enough distance for it not to bother him, he seems to likegetting his Photo taken tho lol. When he sees me holding the Camera he seems to stop whatever hes doing LOL

The camera loves you darling, pose and hold it there ....... Beautiful, darling you stunning!!

Wish you could teach Kellog that - need something like 'Corn Snakes Top Model' to teach him to pose!
devilsmistress Posted - 01/09/2009 : 19:50:01
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Well Noodle is Amel, so he has Red eyes, i never heard anything about the using the Flash with Red eyes, doesnt seem to bother him tho.. i dont hold it right infront of him mind, i just zoom in from a good enough distance for it not to bother him, he seems to likegetting his Photo taken tho lol. When he sees me holding the Camera he seems to stop whatever hes doing LOL

The camera loves you darling, pose and hold it there ....... Beautiful, darling you stunning!!
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 19:47:34
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 19:09:20
I heard that about the red eyed snakes too kellog. someones advice was to cover the flash so its not too bright, a rizla apparently works but iv yet to try it :)
Kellog Posted - 01/09/2009 : 19:06:36
I am sure I read somewhere on the forum that you shouldnt use a flash with a red-eyes snake....but cant be sure. Can somebody confirm this for me? xxx
meggi Posted - 01/09/2009 : 18:54:48
hi , kant imagine it would harm their eyes . i take piks of toby using the flash so.........

sorri no piks of tobasco
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 13:47:06
I wouldnt imagine it would, but couldnt be sure, ive takin Photos of Noodle in the last with the flash on, didnt see any discomfort or what not, as long as its now right up in his face i imagine :p
sexychef Posted - 12/07/2009 : 16:27:58
i am not sure but find because of the diffrent colours on corns and other snakes it is easier and get better results using natural light

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000