The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First feed (in my care)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/07/2009 : 11:21:38
So I tried feeding my snake for the first time last night.

I stuck her in the RUB she came in with a pinkie

At first she was dead scared of the tiny pinky and showed no interest in eating. I sat with her for half an hour watching her but nothing!

I got really disheartened so put a sheet of kitchen roll in her viv (to stop her eating the aspen) and left the pinkie in the middle of the sheet.

I came back an hour later and she had litterally just got her chops round the pinkies head, so I managed to watch her devour it, so cool!

It seemed that even the smallest of the pinkies was a bit big for her but not by much, so I guess its alright, just cant beleieve something so small can eat something so comparatively big.

Anyway, going to leave her be until sunday before I start handling her regulalry and try to get her used to me.

She went for me yesterday but the silly little thing just headbutted me, hehe.

Why didnt someone tell me snakes were this awesome sooner?

Cheers

Joe
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:13:39
Fernando, please stop bringing posts that are so old, it really messes up the forum and makes it hard to keep track of threads.
Fernando Pierre Posted - 01/02/2010 : 18:56:05
mine the same also first feed he was dead scared haha!
n/a Posted - 18/01/2010 : 08:22:35
Each time I go up in size I'm nervous that it is going to be too large for Snickers. I'm amazed to see how large her mouth gets. She seems to try to open only to the smaller sized prey and then when she realizes that it's larger she adapts. I've been amazed at her problem sovling skills.
quote:
Originally posted by durbinator

So I tried feeding my snake for the first time last night.

I stuck her in the RUB she came in with a pinkie

At first she was dead scared of the tiny pinky and showed no interest in eating. I sat with her for half an hour watching her but nothing!

I got really disheartened so put a sheet of kitchen roll in her viv (to stop her eating the aspen) and left the pinkie in the middle of the sheet.

I came back an hour later and she had litterally just got her chops round the pinkies head, so I managed to watch her devour it, so cool!

It seemed that even the smallest of the pinkies was a bit big for her but not by much, so I guess its alright, just cant beleieve something so small can eat something so comparatively big.

Anyway, going to leave her be until sunday before I start handling her regulalry and try to get her used to me.

She went for me yesterday but the silly little thing just headbutted me, hehe.

Why didnt someone tell me snakes were this awesome sooner?

Cheers

Joe

Fernando Pierre Posted - 18/01/2010 : 07:29:33
i love my corn to bits and i agree why didnt any one tell my they were this AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 03/07/2009 : 15:34:58
glad to hear it went well! I've had one of my snakes for 6 years and I never get bored of watching him eat.
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/07/2009 : 14:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by durbinator

.......Why didnt someone tell me snakes were this awesome sooner?

Cheers

Joe

Did you ask???
punumbear Posted - 03/07/2009 : 12:00:13
im not fussed if they strict n constrict or not.. just aslong as they get it down their necks then im happy
n/a Posted - 03/07/2009 : 11:49:30
Yeah, tried that. As long as I can get her to feed I can get her striking when she's a bit older / more secure. The poor thing has had a rough week of being bought, dumped in a new viv etc etc.
might got for a strike feed next week
Chimp276 Posted - 03/07/2009 : 11:45:22
I find the best way to feed them is to hold the pinky infront of them with a pair of tweezers! That way they think its alive and strike ate it! That is awesome, especially when they miss they go crazy aha!
punumbear Posted - 03/07/2009 : 11:40:44
yeah all takes time and patience.. n defo rewarding once ya get there.. but tis all a learning curve the missus will come round to it eventually specially if she watches or helps out with feeds etc.. my mumj watched me feed royal yesterday and she was amased she loves em now
n/a Posted - 03/07/2009 : 11:30:55
hehe, no chance of giving up. I'll show her whos boss :D

my wife is a little put off by the little blighter as her experience of snakes is my younger brothers lazy corn and she's not to sure about my fiesty little one.
I keep telling her that it'll calm down with more handling.
punumbear Posted - 03/07/2009 : 11:26:19
thts the fun part finding out how cool they are for yaself.. but yeah know the headbutt scenario daft lil things lol.. i find it quite endeering tbh.. fed my royal a fuzzy yesterday since she arrived which has only been threee days with me.. shes cool.. my first corn gets fed tongiht shes now on larger pinkies.. and the newly acquired adult corn gets fed in a couple o days .. so yeah its all good stuff gettin to know them n their individual habits n watching em grow etc.. enjoy hun n dont be too quick to give up should ya hit any stumbling blocks.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000