The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Toilet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marcus214 Posted - 04/07/2013 : 15:46:35
Do you snakes only go to the toilet once after being fed? Or could they go 2 or 3 times between feeds?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 05/07/2013 : 19:46:34
It is the general consensus Marcus that it comes out at the same time as the poop but my little one seems to make a dash from one "site" in the viv to another for her doings! Looking forwards to hearing about how her first feed goes for sure
smart bunny Posted - 05/07/2013 : 10:28:55
Good luck :)
marcus214 Posted - 05/07/2013 : 10:20:55
I will definitely let everyone know how the first feed goes. She's due to be fed on Sunday so not long now! :D
Coal Posted - 05/07/2013 : 08:48:14
quote:
Originally posted by Foxtrotsierra

Hi Marcus, mine does a variety of things with regards to the toilet. Fortunately she will only wee in one spot of the viv and poo in another. She seems to wee daily but will poo anything between once and three times between feeds. It depends which side (warm or cool) she decides to digest on too. She goes more frequently if she digests her meal on the warm side, but if it is the cool side she will just leave one large deposit for me! Hope the first feed goes well, all the firsts with a new snake are nerve racking that is for sure. Let us know how she goes, would love to hear

Corns wee? I have never noticed Lovecraft giving off any fluid except when he poops; it seems to all come out at the same time... have I just been missing it then?
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 05/07/2013 : 06:10:14
Hi Marcus, mine does a variety of things with regards to the toilet. Fortunately she will only wee in one spot of the viv and poo in another. She seems to wee daily but will poo anything between once and three times between feeds. It depends which side (warm or cool) she decides to digest on too. She goes more frequently if she digests her meal on the warm side, but if it is the cool side she will just leave one large deposit for me! Hope the first feed goes well, all the firsts with a new snake are nerve racking that is for sure. Let us know how she goes, would love to hear
herriotfan Posted - 04/07/2013 : 19:33:34
Snakes are no different to us humans, some go more often than others!
Good luck with the first feed.
marcus214 Posted - 04/07/2013 : 18:01:15
My snake is 3 months old. I only got her last Sunday so I have yet to feed her.
Moppet Posted - 04/07/2013 : 17:56:36
When she was younger, Andromeda used to go two or even three times after a feed. Now she's goes once per feed like all the others unless it was a particularly big meal. How old is your snake?
Coal Posted - 04/07/2013 : 16:41:39
Mine goes very regularly two days after he has been fed, and if it was a large meal, again a further two days later, but I think every snake is different in this regard. Maybe it varies by age? I imagine younger ones might go more frequently though I couldn't say for sure.
SilverWings Posted - 04/07/2013 : 16:32:23
Mine tends to go once every 2 or 3 feeds o.O

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000