The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 sand and stones ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
conormclaren Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:05:11
hello there i have been wondering for a fue days now can corn snake have sand in there viv ? or mabey smooth stones as a substrate i hate having the aspin does my head in and i dont think it looks nice where as sand or some nice smooths stones would look rarther sexy so would sand or smooth stones be suitable for a corn snake thanks x
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 26/06/2013 : 16:36:02
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Have a look on the caresheet, via homepage, it gives a variety of substrates that can be used.
If you choose orchid bark make sure you give it some time to dry prior to putting it in the viv. It is very damp when you first open the bag and would cause too much humidity until it's dried out.
The down side to orchid bark is that the snakes can't burrow in it and it can be difficult to see the results of a digested meal!!

Hmm, our CRB has no problem at all burrowing in her orchid bark, it's where we usually find her!

I use lignocel for the corns - it does get everywhere though lol
ScalySituation Posted - 26/06/2013 : 15:30:07
Megazorb is cool, it looks like little pebbles :) very absorbent too :)
http://www.foranimalsshop.co.uk/megazorb-bedding/prod_4934.html

herriotfan Posted - 26/06/2013 : 12:21:17
Have a look on the caresheet, via homepage, it gives a variety of substrates that can be used.
If you choose orchid bark make sure you give it some time to dry prior to putting it in the viv. It is very damp when you first open the bag and would cause too much humidity until it's dried out.
The down side to orchid bark is that the snakes can't burrow in it and it can be difficult to see the results of a digested meal!!
Coal Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:43:58
Happy to have helped :)
conormclaren Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:36:01
ok coal thanks looks quite nice tbh i will give it a go thank you :)
Coal Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:32:30
Uh... orchid bark? I've heard of people using that as a substrate and it does look more 'rustic' or 'natural' than aspen.
conormclaren Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:10:37
ahh ok the so sand is a big NO NO and stones would ust make the snake unhappy :/ umm is there enything i could use that looks nice and thats not like aspin ????
serena_08 Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:08:43
Sand, no. It'd be like you wiping your bottom with sandpaper! Lol. Stones would look nice but they like to burrow so it wouldn't be very practical for them and it'd be a lot of work come cleaning day for you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000