The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Spare parts for Vivs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mags53 Posted - 22/06/2013 : 20:15:32
Hi. So, I've finally got around to putting Kitty's 36" Viv Exotic viv together (she's ready for it now) BUT the grey plastic runner that goes into the front-top for the glass to go into isn't working. What I mean is, it just won't allow the glass to run smoothly through it - the bottom runner is fine. Does anyone know where I can source one from - it's very frustrating as I'm not happy to put her into it until it's tip-top. Thanks in advance.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mags53 Posted - 23/06/2013 : 16:14:22
Thank you everyone, interesting that it's a known fault - at first I thought it was me (a bit inept at flat-pack!). Also, I know about my consumer rights, but when you're on the phone to someone who quotes policies and just plain refuses to deal with you the there's nothing that you can do (wished I could have reached down the phone!). I did get in touch with Hagen and sent them all of the emails (I usually follow a phone call with something in writing) - they had had issues before and were going to deal - they asked about how it was packaged for posting, etc. An object lesson in not buying on-line !?
In any case, I shall call Hagen tomorrow AND if that doesn't work ebay. Thanks
Sta~ple Posted - 23/06/2013 : 08:47:02
It is the seller, but the sellers in this case get in contact with the manufacturer but they are being lazy I guess! Ebay is good or you could just tell them you didn't know the runner was damaged too and take a pic :)
Auld Baldy Posted - 23/06/2013 : 04:13:12
The squashed runner is a known manufacturing problem. I've had one set replaced for free.

There is a contact number for replacement parts from Aquapac on the back of the assembly instruction/ warranty leaflet.
Lee Posted - 22/06/2013 : 23:53:47
ebay for replacement runners thingies
herriotfan Posted - 22/06/2013 : 22:36:15
quote:
Originally posted by Mags53

I got it from Seapets. When it arrived the glass was broken and 2 of the panels had corner damage. When I contacted them they told me that it wasn't their problem, I had to contact the manufacturer for the parts (even though I know that they're wrong - they just refused to help). hagen (?) sent me the parts BUT I didn't realise that the plastic runner was damaged - it has just squashed together, it falls off the panel and won't let the glass run. :(

If something "is not fit for purpose" then you are covered by the comsumer rights act. Go back to the supplier and let them know you are protected by the law and they are at fault. You are entitled to a refund. Then you can source the product elsewhere.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 22/06/2013 : 21:07:14
Well if thats the attitude sea pets have glad i never have and now never will order from them :D
Hope the viv gets sorted soon.
Donnie Posted - 22/06/2013 : 20:35:48
You are correct it is the sellers responsibility NOT the manufacturers to sort out the issues so bad move on Seapets part. Good to hear that Hagen sorted it out for you, I would contact them again explaining the situation and hope they would help you out. If not then I would start trawling the web for a second hand one that you can use as a donor for spare parts for your new one.
Mags53 Posted - 22/06/2013 : 20:30:27
I got it from Seapets. When it arrived the glass was broken and 2 of the panels had corner damage. When I contacted them they told me that it wasn't their problem, I had to contact the manufacturer for the parts (even though I know that they're wrong - they just refused to help). hagen (?) sent me the parts BUT I didn't realise that the plastic runner was damaged - it has just squashed together, it falls off the panel and won't let the glass run. :(
Donnie Posted - 22/06/2013 : 20:17:07
Where did you buy it from? Can you not contact them to send you a replacement?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000