The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 help!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lisa west lothian Posted - 04/06/2013 : 09:48:46
not sure if i am putting tis in the right section but here goes seen this beauty and not sure if i can resist have already messaged about her and asked lots of questions but what you guys think ?? hubby already said yes and i can still get my new hatchie too he been up and got the baby tank down from the loft to set it up one happy girl today

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/corn-snake-vivarium-accessories/1020722281

please help

moved to more appropriate section by Kellog
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lisa west lothian Posted - 06/06/2013 : 12:51:44
My thoughts exactly Judith and think it quite suits her xx
Kellog Posted - 06/06/2013 : 09:04:24
She is DEFINITELY NOT a Mildred....whereas Millie is a lovely name .

Xxx
Lisa west lothian Posted - 06/06/2013 : 08:21:21
Well Judith found out last night she did have a name was Mildred but that a bit of a mouthful for the kids so its been shortened to Millie which I quite like what everyone else think ? Xx
Kellog Posted - 06/06/2013 : 07:32:22
She is lovely, you did really well getting her . I'm glad that she came from what seemed like a caring home to another caring home ....so often it's a different story . With her being on a jumbo mouse weekly its not surprising she is a bit on the big side. Once she's had her week of settling in and you go to feed her it might be worthwhile weighing her as well....I'd be curious to know what she is.

I know someone else whose snake will only poo in the bath....although I will admit that I question whether that's right and if left to its own devices it would poo when it was ready, it just takes longer to digest and release than the owner is comfortable with. Be careful when you bath her, make sure the water is lukewarm. In fact it's best to use a thermometer if you've got one and aim for a temp of between 27 and 28oC, so the same as the warm end of the viv.

Now for the name .....

Xxx

Lisa west lothian Posted - 05/06/2013 : 18:33:08
She got no hips lol first thing I checked she is a big girl tho she seems to have a bigger head than Nevis too
Moppet Posted - 05/06/2013 : 17:54:49
I agree, she looks like a beautiful normal to me She's a little on the chubby side but that could just be the pictures.
Lisa west lothian Posted - 05/06/2013 : 14:06:51
Thank you isoldael thats what i thought getting good lol she is stunning so in love with her already still like the cheshire cat here cant believe hubby still let me get her and yes in the pic baby tank back out so you all know what that means :0
Isoldael Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:54:28
She is a lovely Carolina / Classic / Normal / Wild Type (all names for the same thing). She looks really lovely, I especially like the white/greyish splashes on her sides! :D
Lisa west lothian Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:45:53
Think we are going to be fine with her, the couple were really lovely and were so upset to let her go. You could tell she was well loved they just didn't feel she was getting enough attention. She loves a bath, and for some reason will poo only in the bath (very ladylike NOT) but if that's what she likes then the madam shall have. She is very curious but also very placid. Her previous owner passed her to me and she snuggled right in and I instantly fell in love with her so she is home, now just need a name for her as forgot to ask in all the excitement if she had a name already lol

Here are some quick pics of her, oh and if someone could please tell me what morph she is it would very much appreciated, thanks :)

smart bunny Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:05:32
It can be tricky spotting mites, as they are really tiny black dots! Where they burrow under a scale they cause that scale to lift up slightly, so you can spot them that way. Also they commonly hang about under the chin and around the eyes/mouth/vent areas. Also if the snake soaks in the water bowl they will drown so check the water bowl carefully for any tiny black specks when you change it. When we got Prism she had 1 mite which was really obvious - a black lump sticking out from under a scale (she was a young snake though so it looked big on her lol). Then we noticed after taking photos, you could zoom in on the photo and see others that way! Our newest addition is a carpet python though - and her markings include quite a few black dots, so it's tricky to tell which dots are her normal colouring and which are mites lol!!
Lisa west lothian Posted - 05/06/2013 : 08:46:44
Donne that was what I was thinking too a snake don't really need all that much attention but they said one works nights full time and the other days full time but I'm not gonna complain cos I'm getting a nice new snakey :) just about to leave to go get her now :D
Donnie Posted - 05/06/2013 : 00:21:17
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa west lothian

Also went into the pet shop I got Nevis from today to see about a light for his viv but was told best not to put a light in as even with a guard on he will coil it and burn himself just wondered what other people's views were on this ?......

Bad advice from the pet shop. If the guard is the appropriate size for the bulb then there will be no problems. My carpets all use ceramics bulbs that are guarded and the ceramics I have measured surface temps close to 200C yet I can hold my hand on the guard and it not burn.

Looks like a good deal and I am sure you will be happy with her/him

Not really convinced with their reason of getting rid of her/him
quote:
WILL BE SAD TO SEE HER GO,BUT JUST NOT GETTING THE ATTENTION SHE NEEDS,AS WE ARE BOTH NOW WORKING FULL TIME,

how much attention do they think it needs!!!!
Lisa west lothian Posted - 04/06/2013 : 22:51:06
How will I know if she has mites ect ?
smart bunny Posted - 04/06/2013 : 21:30:11
Don't forget to quarantine her in a separate room as far away from your other snakes as you can - just in case she has mites etc. Good luck tomorrow morning :)
Lisa west lothian Posted - 04/06/2013 : 21:09:17
Don't worry there will be plenty pics so can't wait getting her in the morning still grinning from ear to ear xx
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2013 : 20:32:07
I'm not surprised you feel like the cat that got the cream !! So glad you're getting her . I do warn people when I welcome them about how addictive corns are....but no-one ever listens .

As for the light, it should be absolutely fine as long as it has a guard around it that Nevis can't get through. There shouldn't be any risk of him burning himself that I know of.

Remember, pics as soon as she has settled in!!

Xxx
Lisa west lothian Posted - 04/06/2013 : 13:39:43
Oh and thank you for moving it to the right place Judith x
Lisa west lothian Posted - 04/06/2013 : 13:31:02
Also went into the pet shop I got Nevis from today to see about a light for his viv but was told best not to put a light in as even with a guard on he will coil it and burn himself just wondered what other people's views were on this ?......
Lisa west lothian Posted - 04/06/2013 : 13:27:24
Lol Judith have plenty extra hides here for her anyway just confirmed going to get her in the morning oh I'm so excited she does have a stat so that good news and if no digi thermo will just share Nevis one till I get another in the mail, was thinking that too it a lot to be feeding so was gonna see if she over weight tomorrow and adjust accordingly I have been reading up lol this forum has a lot to answer for I tell ya should come with a warning enter if you dare lol, as for Gary I'm sure it prob just to shut me up lol but he does love the snakeys too, I'm sat her like the cat that got the cream grinning for ear to ear so just need to wait on my wee hatchie coming up for sale on here to choose it then that me sorted for a little while anyway lol xx
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2013 : 11:44:39
Gorgeous snake and not a bad price for what you're getting . Two points other than the need for a thermostat (and obviously a digital thermometer)....it only mentions one hide and it says she is being fed jumbo mice weekly, which is a lot. You'll probably have to adjust her feeding schedule.

All I can say is that your husband must love you very, very much ....or he'll do anything to keep you quiet and not nagging for another snake, which is how I landed up with Asher .

Xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000