The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Male Corns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eac84 Posted - 02/06/2013 : 14:31:25
hi everyone was talking with a friend and something that had never occurred to me before was, is there a age limit to the breeding age of a male corn. I know there is a lot of info on the net about minimum size and age but I was wondering when males come to the end of there breeding life or can they keep going. I thought this was interesting question as it is something I had never considered before, another reason why I love this hobby as there is always seems to be something new to learn. oh and just to keep you all up to date we got 14 nice healthy white eggs on Thursday night that are all set up and already waiting impatiently lol I had just finished watching spring watch with all the birds eggs hatching to go and check on Agnus and she was laying ( 3 days earlier than last yr, 9 days after pre lay shed)she already has had 2 small meals and is looking good and healthy. look forward to hearing what you all think
thank you
euan
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eac84 Posted - 06/06/2013 : 12:39:49
thank u
herriotfan Posted - 03/06/2013 : 18:12:04
Mother Nature will run her course so any male that still has the need of a female will go through the normal behaviour if his body is capable.
asmodias Posted - 03/06/2013 : 17:15:10
I'm not an expert and you'll still need a full answer but I'm pretty sure there is a limit.
If I recall correctly, breeding takes a lot out of both males and females - males will often fast themselves during mating season for months at a time and for a little one that could take a lot out of them, perhaps more than they can spare.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000