The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 LEDs lights

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alib Posted - 14/05/2013 : 20:47:18
Hey, I see a few people on here have stacks and use multiple LEDS just wondering do people put them on a timer? or do you just turn it on when you are around the house? I was thinking of doing an 15 hour cycle in the summer months and the 12 hour for the winter? if you also have multiple LEDS do you need to get multiple timers or can you have the 1 timer and plug an extension in it to run all the other LEDs from 1 timer?

Cheers
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
viraleye Posted - 28/05/2013 : 20:36:29
I use the Ledberg led's from Ikea which I have on a timer from 9am to 9pm. After the lights go out at 9pm they all come out for their evening explore :)
smart bunny Posted - 16/05/2013 : 07:51:34
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

I liked the thought of it being more realistic a cycle rather than boom light on! Although it has been said I over think things lol I was debating the other day if us turning on the bedroom lights at night would confuse the reps regarding their day/night cycle :-/

Well it probably annoyed my nocturnal housie a little - he was quite often wandering around his faun when I went up and put the lights on to get ready for bed lol! He's just been moved downstairs now as he's finished his quarantine and we need the quarantine area again lol, so won't get such shocks now (although I hope that won't mean I never see him again! ).
lupi lou Posted - 15/05/2013 : 21:02:05
I liked the thought of it being more realistic a cycle rather than boom light on! Although it has been said I over think things lol I was debating the other day if us turning on the bedroom lights at night would confuse the reps regarding their day/night cycle :-/
alib Posted - 15/05/2013 : 20:04:28
Haha yes it was :) they are pretty Cool I have to admit. May be abit OTT but then again I only have the 1 snake so really i can go a lil Ott on it :) i am going to get an hog when the wife agrees to it but i am sure 2 will be the max haha
lupi lou Posted - 15/05/2013 : 18:07:00
I have the Maplins LEDs and only really have them on when I want them on, mine have lots of natural light, although I did see on the 'darkside' that their is some one who does a timer that can fade the lights both on and off as part of the timing function which I thought was quite a cool idea and it has just this minuet dawned on me that that might also be your thread
Callazagy Posted - 15/05/2013 : 16:18:44
I use mine mainly for viewing, but I do have a couple of vivs that don't get much natural light so when im in I do turn the lights on during the day until it goes dark. As I have a few sets I got an individually switched extension lead, so I can have on which ever set I need but plug them into the same extension.
mjpeters Posted - 14/05/2013 : 21:28:53
Hi there,I've got a set of LED's from Maplins : they come with 3 strips and a controller that they can plug into. The strips are about 30cm long and come with connectors so you can extend the lights.You could run 3 vivs of 1 controller.So could use 1 timeswitch.
For us,it doesn't make much difference what sort of length of time they are on,as our snakes are all housed in vivs in our living space so they are affected by our use of lights(in the room).
Our corns are all pet snakes at the moment and so are not brumminated or conditioned for breeding.
maybe you could ask under the 'breeding'section if you are concerned about lighting and conditioning?
smart bunny Posted - 14/05/2013 : 21:23:25
I only switch my LED's on if I specifically go to look at the snakes, otherwise they get enough natural daylight. They are handy for seeing clearly when cleaning out as well lol!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000