The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Diego driving me mad

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SilverWings Posted - 10/05/2013 : 12:06:45
Animals are such jerks sometimes, why do I bother keeping them o.O Got woken up rather unceremoniously by the dog having violent diarrhea all over my bedroom. Cleared it up, then went to check on Diego.

He's been off his food for about 2 months, but stopped doing his snakey shakes about 2 weeks ago. I decided now was a good time to offer food, but of course he refused it in his viv. I decided to put him in a rub overnight with only a mouse for amusement-solitary confinement, if you will. He got out.

Not only did he get out, he went *under* his rub. And he got stuck.

You see, anticipating an escape attempt, I put a bottle of unopened oil on top to prevent him lifting the lid. This was still in place when I lifted the towel to peer in, so I have no idea how he got out. All I know is I had a mini heart attack when I saw no snake in there, then looked to the side of the box and just saw a head peeking out. Not moving.

I lifted the box off, and he moved his head a little, but nothing else twitched. I stroked him gently, he was freezing and looked more than a little squished, but I didnt want to move him right away in case he had broken something, so I allowed him to explore were he was. To my relief after stretching out a bit, he seems no worse for wear bar a few bent scales. He's now warming up in his viv, and I won't be trying that trick again in a hurry.

He also didn't eat the mouse :/

Bonus shot of Luna looking blue.

Why so sseriousss?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 13/05/2013 : 16:48:16
Lol at all of the above - especially mjpeters!!
SilverWings Posted - 10/05/2013 : 23:56:20
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

ANY DAY THAT DOES'NT START WITH A TURD ON THE FLOOR IS A GOOD DAY

*giggles* Very, very true lol
mjpeters Posted - 10/05/2013 : 21:33:15
ANY DAY THAT DOES'NT START WITH A TURD ON THE FLOOR IS A GOOD DAY
andria2013 Posted - 10/05/2013 : 21:11:24
yup my hamster did same . hammy was old . I got him out one day becos he had poopd everywhere wasnt pleasant , tried cleaning him up abit with troothbrush n water , when i did that he freaked , bit my thumb , my friend ran in grabbed a towel got hammy off me and petted him to calm him down , mean while blood dripn everywhere the next morning he had passed away with mouth pouches full of food . :( Albion is my escape artist he has got out 3 times so far . when ive been cleaning up or checking things , I turn away for few moments and he is gone lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/05/2013 : 20:35:14
sorry, but lol to all of the above!! everyone has has the days when we wonder why we bother to have pets!!
Thorne Walker Posted - 10/05/2013 : 18:15:30
quote:
Originally posted by SilverWings

Niiice XD I would not enjoy cleaning those up, but I suppose better hairballs than dead mice.

Then again, maybe that wouldn't be so bad, reptile owner and all lol

Eh.. remember that fresh hairballs are Warm...
lupi lou Posted - 10/05/2013 : 17:49:41
you gotta love animals! sounds like you've both been having fun. Think the worst one was lucking after my cousins animals the cat wouldpoopin the bath which was not pleasant! the last time we went round she'd told me the hamster wasn't quite right, so I got her out to check her over and she sunk her teeth into my finger putting all her strength into it, then started squeaking and carrying on at me! To be fair to the poor girl on examination she had started with a respiratory infection but passed away before they could get her to the vets :-(
SilverWings Posted - 10/05/2013 : 17:39:02
Niiice XD I would not enjoy cleaning those up, but I suppose better hairballs than dead mice.

Then again, maybe that wouldn't be so bad, reptile owner and all lol
Thorne Walker Posted - 10/05/2013 : 16:45:20
Lol.. The joys of pet ownership..

My alarm clock for the past few days has been cats yacking up hairballs... This morning Baka Neko dropped one on the bedside table, yesterday Usagi Neko used one corner of my bed... Fortunately I didn't have to wash the bed spread because the little @#$%^ hit my Ipad dead on...

...and always 5 minutes before the alarm. (How do they know!?!)
SilverWings Posted - 10/05/2013 : 12:08:22
Thinking about it, this probably should have been in general posts. Woops :p

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000